Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
Apr 29, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #316 of 477
The Super converter is a pretty comprehensive piece of software, and you couldn't argue about the price (free). However, while undoubtedly powerful, the UI and general layout is messy and kind of confusing.

I posted a link earlier about another piece of free software here: Jodix - Freeware converts DVD AVI MPEG WMV RM to MP3 or iPod Video. Though ostensibly an "iPod" video converter, the converted files are compatible with the Sony - just remember to specify the vid size as 320 by 240. The software is simple enough for a klutz like me to muddle through the 1st time, and that passes the "usability test" in my book
icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #318 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks wolfboy, do you know if in (near) future I might be able to connect via bluetooth the player to a non-Sony car stereo or other audio devices?

I would assume so, because Bluetooth isn't a Sony proprietary standard. For example, I used a Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset successfully with my Nokia. Anyway, in the packaging, it shows graphics of the player linking up with a mini-component hi fi system as well as a pair of headphones. Draw your own conclusions from that
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #319 of 477
Some Sony HiFi's have blue tooth. In the past some companies made Bluetooth devices that didn't work will with other companies bluetooth equipment. I don't know what its like now, but I'd assume its old enough they they all work together now. I guess you'll only really know if you try it.

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #320 of 477
I was pretty close to buying an A728 at BestBuy but even with the 10% off coupon it couldn't come close to the $120 A818 at SonyStyle. So I just ordered an A818.

You folks that have these, are you amping them, and if so, where are you setting the volume level to get a line level signal to the amp?

thanks,

John

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #321 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To each their own, I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif
I have downloaded MediaMonkey and found it to be quite confusing to use, and the UI wasn't the greatest. If all you want is to edit your tags and add some cover art, nothing beats MP3tag for simplicity.
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't tried MP3tag, I'll have to give it a shot. I thought that it was worth mentioning MediaMonkey because it cuts out the step of searching for album art or tags on your own.

May 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #323 of 477
So what color is everyone gonna get? i believe they are available in black, gold, pink and silver (or is it white? anyone know?). usually id go for standard black, but i think the red walkman logo on the front makes it look cheap. i think the gold looks best, just waiting for the damn 16gb version to come out here in the UK!

May 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #324 of 477
i went for the black one, but i agree about the ugly red logo...
frown.gif

i saw the "gold" one on a video, and it looked really good, kinda 80s stuff, but without being able to see it for real, i opted for the black color.

May 2, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #325 of 477
Well im getting my 16gb one tomorrow! finally it has arrived in the UK at advancedmp3players.co.uk. They only have black, which is a bit of a shame, but it will be in my pocket most of its life anyway! I will post my thoughts of it paired up with my SE530's soon
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #326 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by breezy_amar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well im getting my 16gb one tomorrow! finally it has arrived in the UK at advancedmp3players.co.uk. They only have black, which is a bit of a shame, but it will be in my pocket most of its life anyway! I will post my thoughts of it paired up with my SE530's soon
smily_headphones1.gif

breezy, I just ordered mine too, but from Amazon. It should also be here in the morning. I'm curious about testing it alongside the A808. Some people think it sounds exactly the same as the 808/818, but I've also heard someone say it has a slightly bigger soundstage, so now I'll get to hear for myself
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #327 of 477
Cool Soozieq, make sure u let us all know what the sound differences between the a808 and a829 are! because i too was thinking about that. anyway, i bet u cant wait till tomorrow like me! ill only get a chance to play with it in the evening tho after work.

May 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #328 of 477
Mine has just arrived. it's black. it's stunning. if you come from a plain nokia mobile phone like i do, you'll feel like having your home cinema system in your hands. the screen is jaw-dropping, the sound is cristal clear. i'm now charging it for the first time (3h) then i'll start loading it.

May 3, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #329 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by breezy_amar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bet u cant wait till tomorrow like me!

breezy - did yours arrive today? Mine didn't!!! Considering I'd given in and signed up to Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, I was really teed off when the postman brought me nothing except a letter for another street!! I called the delivery office who blamed Amazon for not dispatching it yesterday, but Amazon were even more teed off with the accusation because of course they HAD dispatched it yesterday, but Royal Mail hadn't bothered to enter the tracking number into their system, and consequently it didn't come out for delivery.

I was really looking forward to it, and the worst thing is I have to wait a minimum of 3 days now because of the Bank Holiday weekend. I know 3 days doesn't seem much, but I could barely contain myself waiting for it to get here this morning
frown.gif

May 3, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #330 of 477
i know EXACTLY how u feel soozieq! mine also didnt arrive today, and i paid £15 for it to be delievered before 12pm!! luckily i will be able to claim that back... but still! i was so excited today but now i have to wait a whole 3 days!! so dont worry soozieq, u aint the only one. i wonder how this happened to both of us tho. coinsidence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back