Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
Apr 5, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #211 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by omph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply Loc13. Glad to hear the coupon works on top of the already discounted price.

I actually held out on buying the 728 today and placed a preoder (which I almost never do) on the 829 from Vanns which has an amazingly low price of only $259.98 /w free shipping!!!! (Was going to post a link, but didn't know if it would violate forum policy)

I also figured I should preorder to get in line before I posted the deal on the forums
tongue.gif
Wanted to give a lil something back to such a helpful community.

Everywhere else on the web is selling the 829 for around $320

Hope they get them in soon
biggrin.gif

WOW great find!!! At $260, the A829 is a no brainer... can't resist any longer!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Still confused about the EX headphone...

Apr 5, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #212 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loc13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW great find!!! At $260, the A829 is a no brainer... can't resist any longer!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Still confused about the EX headphone...

I knew you would jump on the deal like me
biggrin.gif
We are kinda in the same boat, although unlike you I didn't buy a 728 yet; which I might to do to hold me down before the 829 arrives.

And at $260 its a super deal which I'm sure more head-fi'ers will jump on once they read this thread.

I'm hoping that the earbuds are the EX82 but they may not be, as I am already going over my budget to buy the 829 and don't have funds to purchase the Atrios. All the reviews have been really vague. It would be great for the 829 owners to chime in.

The specs on the sonystyle site are so vague and confusing.....

edit: corrected some assumptions after reading some previous posts

Apr 5, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #213 of 477
Quote:

I actually held out on buying the 728 today and placed a preoder (which I almost never do) on the 829 from Vanns which has an amazingly low price of only $259.98 /w free shipping!!!! (Was going to post a link, but didn't know if it would violate forum policy)

How reliable are they? (Vanns)
I already placed an order for the a729 on JR, but for $40 I'm ready to wait a little longer....Is there anything different between 729 and 829 except bluethooth? (headphones?)

Apr 5, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #215 of 477
Quote:

Vann's Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings

nice. any idea when the players suppose to arrive? and how come the 829 is so much cheaper than the 729???

Edit: about the phones - according to this guy
NEW Sony Walkman A series NW-A829 P 16GB - eBay (item 300209890198 end time Apr-22-08 15:13:03 PDT)

and this
Sony NW-A828 and NW-A829 Walkman players | akiba-gadgets
the 829's supplied phones are MDR-NC022ALP
Or could it be just for the asian model?

Apr 5, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #216 of 477
just pre-ordered myself a cheap a829 from vanns, thank you SOOO much for finding that price! Maybe that will be the new standard price??? I also have absolutely no idea why the 729 is more expensive. I can't wait!

Apr 5, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #217 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by natim9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice. any idea when the players suppose to arrive? and how come the 829 is so much cheaper than the 729???

Edit: about the phones - according to this guy
NEW Sony Walkman A series NW-A829 P 16GB - eBay (item 300209890198 end time Apr-22-08 15:13:03 PDT)

and this
Sony NW-A828 and NW-A829 Walkman players | akiba-gadgets
the 829's supplied phones are MDR-NC022ALP
Or could it be just for the asian model?

Only Asian models come with NC headphones.

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #218 of 477
No clue when they will come in, but i figure soon. AFAIK, no other major retailer has them in stock atm, even sonystyle, so I'm pretty sure Vann's will get their shipment when most other retailers get theirs, hopefully later this month.

I believe Vann's accidentally priced the 829 with the 729 price, and vice versa. Lets just hope they will honor the preorder price.....
confused.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #219 of 477
Quote:

I was wondering if any of the new A728/A828 owners are experiencing any of the issues in this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/so...faulty-312211/

I already posted a question on it but didn't know if any A728/A828 owners would read it since the title did not address these models

I would really like to get a drag and drop Sony flash dap w/o the issues. Thanks in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just listened to the new a829 at a store and it had the same issue with Clear Bass at high volumes as the s61x/a81x.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone concerned...it's still an awesome player IMO, just can't be amped or used with low sensitivity/high impedence phones with Clear Bass on.

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #220 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by novasol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listened to the new a829 at a store and it had the same issue with Clear Bass at high volumes as the s61x/a81x.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone concerned...it's still an awesome player IMO, just can't be amped or used with low sensitivity/high impedence phones with Clear Bass on.

Makes sense. The insides (sound chip, amp, etc) are probably exactly the same as the A81X/S61X, so I'd expect the A82X to sound and work the same. The firmware seems to be pretty much the same thing as well, except for the bluetooth functionality.

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #221 of 477
Quote:

Interesting find, Novasol. Guess no using the 716s unamped with the Sony DAPs. If I do use the Minibox, I will keep Clear Bass off, and use the bass boost on the amp.

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #222 of 477
Quote:

Thanks for the update Novasol.

Where did you demo it at? Best Buy and some other major electronic retailers don't have it in stock in my area yet. And the BB near me is remodeling, so there wasn't a 728 demo when I went

Off topic: they rearranged the store w/ some aisles perpendicular to the entrance/exit. I guess they want to trap ya in.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #224 of 477
The 829 was at a Sony Style store here in Canada for $329..close to the US price now. They're a lot larger than I expected, a little too large for me actually. I prefer my a818.

I used my Altec IM716 phones...do not get these if you like your Clear Bass
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #225 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by kessomatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 829 yesterday from jr.com when it was on sale for 279.00 The headphones are the same ones that came with the a818.

Which are ex82?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back