Oct 9, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #451 of 483
I would personally find this a MOST helpful discussion too, since I am in this exact same dilemma.

I too have a LS50W, with a separate PC operating offsite working as a dedicated roon core. However, I am wondering if running it as pe
or running a
1) microrendu/sotm200 neo as a roon endpoint feeding into a
2) ifi microusb3.0 feeding into a
3) usb input into the LS50W

would result in better separation. I recognise that room acoustics does play a large part, but the wife has a strong say in the house deco so......you get my point.

*Note, screenshot above was taken from another site to illustrate the connection path. My audio is stored on a NAS, from which the roon core reads off*
--------------------------------------------------------

i decided to sell my mr and lps/curious cable and sonore dc4 cardas cable.
i still have dc4 cardas cable and mr if anyone is seeking one...1.4 upgrade with 2.6 compatible OS chip...for me it was less gizmos/wiring the happier i am.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #453 of 483
Got an ultraRendu yesterday and hooked up to my Brooklyn DAC +. I'm powering both with a Keces P8 LPS, and I'm thrilled with the results. The biggest improvement was the Keces to the Brooklyn. The ultraRendu was added for convenience, I really didn't expect the sound could get much better. But I think it has added yet another level of clarity to my system, and I think I'm nearing end-game on my desktop setup. Except for a rack....I'm using this temporarily....

20190503_132555.jpg

May 6, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #454 of 483
Got an ultraRendu yesterday and hooked up to my Brooklyn DAC +. I'm powering both with a Keces P8 LPS, and I'm thrilled with the results. The biggest improvement was the Keces to the Brooklyn. The ultraRendu was added for convenience, I really didn't expect the sound could get much better. But I think it has added yet another level of clarity to my system, and I think I'm nearing end-game on my desktop setup. Except for a rack....I'm using this temporarily....

That's brilliant, but too bad you forgot to put on your proprietary paint job over the exterior, because now we now what you're using.

The liquid would convert the vibrational energy into heat, which would then be expelled by the aluminum outer skin. And the carbonation bubbles would allow for additional vibrations to be obfuscated due to the medium density non-uniformity. And lastly, the aluminum skin provides a form of constrained layer damping.

Or maybe they're just cans of Canada Dry ginger ale~ Haha, long time no see.

I've read a lot of good stuff about the Keces LPSs.

May 6, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #455 of 483
That's brilliant, but too bad you forgot to put on your proprietary paint job over the exterior, because now we now what you're using.

The liquid would convert the vibrational energy into heat, which would then be expelled by the aluminum outer skin. And the carbonation bubbles would allow for additional vibrations to be obfuscated due to the medium density non-uniformity. And lastly, the aluminum skin provides a form of constrained layer damping.

I do have a patent pending, I expect to sell millions of these!

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #456 of 483
Excuse my ignorance but looking into ultrarendu to replace my ipod/cck transport, and I dont have a router only a modem can i A. Plug a ur directly into modem lan or B. Since my modem is 8n another room than my system, use a wifi router then run lan to ur? Or would a long cat 6 lan cable do better? Thanks in advance for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back