May 5, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 483
Thanks for starting a thread on the microRendu.  Out of curiosity, what DAC/s did you use with microRendu?  

I have the Sonicorbiter SE, not as high-end as the microRendu.  I believe they both use the same software though. SOSE was easy to set up and works flawlessly.  The Sonicorbiter SE replaced an i-5 laptop tweaked with Fidelizer 6 and Jplay streamer.  Easily bests them as far as sound quality is concerned.  The field of computer audio is moving really fast and who knows what next year will bring.  But, for the moment Sonicorbiter SE and microRendu may well represent the best-value-for money options available.  

I'm using the SOSE in conjunction with Regen and the Dragonfly 1.2 DAC.  I tried to get the SOSE to work with GeekOut450 and wasn't successful.  Too many pops and crackles.  Perhaps the firmware on the GO450 DAC wasn't up to snuff.  Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying the sweet music pouring out of my Schiit Vali2 amp and Sennheiser HD600 headphones.  Immersive and addictive, using the SOSE as a Roon-ready device.  For a reasonable outlay this may be the best desktop option out there.  

My impression is that microRendu needs a bit more of an infrastructure to bring out its best: linear PSU, really high quality DAC and an upsampling player like HQP.  Would love to hear how people are using microRendu and SOSE in their systems.

May 13, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 483

You shouldn't use the 5vdc version of the iPower.

The mRendu accepts anything from 6 to 9vdc, so to use an iPower with it you need the 9v version.

Or were you referring to using iPower with the SOSE?
[size=x-small]​[/size]

Actually, you're right.  I'm using the 5vdc with the SOSE.  When I get the microRendu, I'll probably get a 7v linear PSU.  MicroRendu seems to respond well to high quality PSUs as I've learnt. 

May 14, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #13 of 483
pretty nice review here, and some basic introduction that may help push network greenhorns (like me) into giving this a try... 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRi9utNBl4

I will be watching how users get it working with HQ Player...
My guess is there are a lot of folks that would be interested in the functionality, but do not have a home network setup that this would plug into easily though....

May 14, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #14 of 483
LPSU makes a massive difference over the regular ifi power at 9V.
- with the ifi psu, uR is a good source,
 -with a nice LPSU, uR is simply superbe. Give it a try and let us know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back