Nov 16, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #481 of 483
Thank you for your reply.
I too believed the failure was due to the excessive heat from the 1.2 (running at 7v) and Alex also pretty much indirectly agreed. When I first purchased the 1.2 I called because I was certain this wasn't normal, but was assured it was. Alex also directed me to Teddy, but I'm taking a pass. However, I did find that the Bricasti M5 Network Player has it's own LPS which would allow me to stop the search for an LPS and ditch the uR, so I'm considering this option as well giving the M3 DAC w/Network Card a try. Also waiting for a reply from Swagman about the Signature Series LPS. Thanks for the tip on the Keces P3. If you or anyone else have any experience with the Bricasti M5-M3 w/Netwrk Card I would appreciate some inout.
Yep, I'm going somewhat of a similar route. I'm going to buy a Lumin P-1 (which is integrated streamer, DAC and preamp) and go straight into the back of the P-1's SFP optical transceiver port via optical cable from the music server in the "remote server room" and connect the P-1 to an amp or integrated amp. By doing this, I will be able to eliminate 7 cables (power and networking), 4 power supplies and 3 components from my system. :thumbsup:

Basically: Remote Server ->optical->P-1->amp or integrated amp. Simple. Job done!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #483 of 483
So ended up purchasing the Bricasti M3 DAC w/Network Player Card which will allow me to eliminate 2 components + cables. Should arrive in +/- 2 weeks.
Simpler is better.

Also, gets you closer to Geinrich Altschuler's (who invented TRIZ, the Theory of Inventive Problem-Solving) concept of Ideality. And that is a good thing.
1668740540305.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back