Nov 30, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #468 of 483
Can someone tell me the downsides to a ipod/ipad digital outputs performance vs a ultrarendu? Im really amazed by the performance i get with my cck system but id like a lan connection otherwise id just stick to the ipad/ipod digital out for tidal

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #470 of 483
Does anyone with a Microrendu know if it can handle a PMC 1.5M signal to a Holo DAC via USB?

Jan 12, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #472 of 483
Say what? What is a PMC 1.5M signal?
sorry mistyped. I meant an upscaled PCM 1.5khz signal. I'm basically thinking of getting a Microrendu to pass upsampled audio from Hqplayer into the Holo DAC, which accepts 1.5khz PCM via USB. Just wanna find out if the Microrendu can handle it.

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #474 of 483
Probably need to try again there, however I would suggest contacting Sonore directly regarding the use of the HQPlayer embedded app.
my ultraRendu has a limit of 768kHz, it should be the same for the micro :beerchug:

Mar 11, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #475 of 483
Newbie question about the Sonore devices. Do they only work with streaming software solutions? Roon, for example.

Currently I run straight from my pc into my DAC (RME ADI-2 but a Yggdrasil on the way) using JRiver Media Center, which I really like as a player due to the interfacing and library. Is it possible to put one of the Sonore devices between the PC and still be able to use JR, with it passing through to the DAC?

Nov 15, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #477 of 483
Unfortunately, my UpTone LPS1.2 (under warranty) failed me just as my UpTone LPS 1did and it cannot be fixed/replaced due to being discontinued because of design flaws. Right now I have the brick that came with the LPS 1.2 temporarily powering my ultraRendu and I'm reading up on the Swagman Signature Edition LPS (which I understand can be built to suit the uR upon request). I'm also going to read up on the sonicTransporter i5 (Gen3) as a possible replacement for both, the uR and an LPS. Any inout would be appreciated.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #478 of 483
After reading about the sonicTransport I realized this also needs an LPS...I thought it was integrated so this leaves me in the same boat unless I'm looking for a streamer, which I'm not quite sure that I am, but just considering it.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #479 of 483
Unfortunately, my UpTone LPS1.2 (under warranty) failed me just as my UpTone LPS 1did and it cannot be fixed/replaced due to being discontinued because of design flaws. Right now I have the brick that came with the LPS 1.2 temporarily powering my ultraRendu and I'm reading up on the Swagman Signature Edition LPS (which I understand can be built to suit the uR upon request). I'm also going to read up on the sonicTransporter i5 (Gen3) as a possible replacement for both, the uR and an LPS. Any inout would be appreciated.
Alex at UpTone recommends the Teddy Pardo power supply as a replacement/alternative to the LPS-1.2. For reference, both my LPS-1.0 and LPS-1.2 have also failed me. IMHO, the durability/useful life of this power supply is impacted by the amount of heat it generates, especially when running at 9V for powering ER. I cannot recommend the Keces P3; as it's noisy.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #480 of 483
Alex at UpTone recommends the Teddy Pardo power supply as a replacement/alternative to the LPS-1.2. For reference, both my LPS-1.0 and LPS-1.2 have also failed me. IMHO, the durability/useful life of this power supply is impacted by the amount of heat it generates, especially when running at 9V for powering ER. I cannot recommend the Keces P3; as it's noisy.
Thank you for your reply.
I too believed the failure was due to the excessive heat from the 1.2 (running at 7v) and Alex also pretty much indirectly agreed. When I first purchased the 1.2 I called because I was certain this wasn't normal, but was assured it was. Alex also directed me to Teddy, but I'm taking a pass. However, I did find that the Bricasti M5 Network Player has it's own LPS which would allow me to stop the search for an LPS and ditch the uR, so I'm considering this option as well giving the M3 DAC w/Network Card a try. Also waiting for a reply from Swagman about the Signature Series LPS. Thanks for the tip on the Keces P3. If you or anyone else have any experience with the Bricasti M5-M3 w/Netwrk Card I would appreciate some inout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back