ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Y-split data/power combo after more testing.....jet black on quiet music passages.

No doubt microStreamer has a mute relay with no music playing...

Startech Cable was about $15 as I mentioned previously, and 5mm ferrite cores $5 shipped (1 clipped over red power plug, 1 over the mini-USB end).
Reminder that the 4th pin on the black USB plug needs to be removed so you are only extracting data on the black USB plug.

I read the cable can handle in excess of the 10 watts (5v/2A) it is rated for, so way,way in excess of the draw this tiny DACs needs.

NIICE!

Yeah Kevin used to recommend using a Y-splitter for the MS.

I would LOVE to see Kevin make a NEW VERSION OF THE MS - set-up like the COZOY Aegis - because, its almost as if the COZOY is what HRT would've built if Kevin didn't have his accident.
Kevin was in a really bad biking accident you guys. He's OK now - but it was a serious ordeal -

plus: HRT did the Stage system (their powered speaker system) and I'm not sure how well that's gone for them. That's such a congested market...

I believe in my heart - that if they got back to what they do BEST - DAC/Amps - they could still KILL IT TODAY!!

I love the COZOY Aegis - because it works flawlessly w/ iDevices and Android - and while its not Apple-Certified - Kevin can do Far better IMHO

If you'd like to see a new version of the MS - for iDevices and Androids 
- LEMME KNOW HERE

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #1,172 of 1,216
Mine works with Android with an OTG cable and UAPP.
Just velcro on back of phone case.

idevice would be a good idea, with it integrated in a battery pack case for 6, 6 plus and 7

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,173 of 1,216
Are you aware of HRT'S i-dSp product specifically for Apple devices with the lightning cable?

http://www.hirestech.com/product/?pid=1681#prodf

It doesn't have an added battery but it only draws 50 mA so it should be easy to power.

At $69.99 on Amazon it seems like a great value (I'm not an Apple guy so I've not heard it).

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,174 of 1,216
Are you aware of HRT'S i-dSp product specifically for Apple devices with the lightning cable?

It doesn't have an added battery but it only draws 50 mA so it should be easy to power.

At $69.99 on Amazon it seems like a great value (I'm not an Apple guy so I've not heard it).

Yes, I was aware of that one, but it is not same internal chips as microStreamer.
Arcam have an integrated audiophile case for iPhones.

Jul 5, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,175 of 1,216

I've got both the DSP and iDSP

for me, who went to work for HRT YRs ago because I loved their OG MusicStreamer - the iDSP (needing a CCK - it sounds good, but its plastic and clunky) and DSP don't represent - IMHO - what HRT can really do!

I've used my iDSP and DSP on many occasions - and as good as they sound, I'd LOVE to have an MS on my iPhone instead 
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #1,176 of 1,216
OK, thanks fow the info. Those always had my curiosity, but since I own the Microstreamer it didn't make sense to buy the dSp.

The dSp is a smaller form factor, right? Do you know if it works directly with the players in the newer lollipop or marshmallow phones, or is UAAP or Onkyo still needed?

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,177 of 1,216
Just picked up the AQ Jitterbug, see if it can squeeze anything more out the data-line out to the microStreamer, as the power line is already taken care off.

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,178 of 1,216
OK, thanks fow the info. Those always had my curiosity, but since I own the Microstreamer it didn't make sense to buy the dSp.

The dSp is a smaller form factor, right? Do you know if it works directly with the players in the newer lollipop or marshmallow phones, or is UAAP or Onkyo still needed?

With Android, there are just so many builds and hardware variations that the only way is to just hook it up OTG and see if it is kicking the audio out to DSP...BUT if you are not using UAPP, Android will crapify your source audio by up-sampling it to the limit = not good if your phone is up-sampling.

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #1,179 of 1,216

The reason DSP was created is the lesser power draw on mobile devices. The MS is power hog compared , and was never designed for Android in specifically. The DSP should work with any media players on phones with A 5.0 or higher. The MS will be crapshoot with Android and that power draw will make it a poor candidate IMO to carry around, especially on long distance flights for example. Of course if you buy an LG V10, you will never bother with attached external amps and DACs, but that's a different discussion.:cool:

Jul 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,181 of 1,216
:beerchug:

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,182 of 1,216
  Just picked up the AQ Jitterbug, see if it can squeeze anything more out the data-line out to the microStreamer, as the power line is already taken care off.

@Lohb

Hello, I'm also considering jitterbug to pair it with my microstreamer.
As my setup is alsmost the same as yours (y usb cable + xiaomi powerbank) your tought about jitterbug might be helpful.
Also wondering if I should buy jiterbug or usb linear power suply first and i noticed you are using one (LPS such as Teradak U9).

thanks

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #1,183 of 1,216
  @Lohb

As my setup is alsmost the same as yours (y usb cable + xiaomi powerbank) your tought about jitterbug might be helpful.
Also wondering if I should buy jiterbug or usb linear power suply first and i noticed you are using one (LPS such as Teradak U9).

thanks

Hi, a desktop LPS did improve things (teradak 5-volt U9), split Y also and I'm still waiting on my jitterbug to try it on the data line.

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #1,184 of 1,216
  @Lohb

thanks

Did you pull the power pin out the USB into your computer on the Y-cable ?
They do not have that removed by default, as they are meant for another purpose which keeps the 5-volt pin active/alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back