Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Jul 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #256 of 1,216
ok, so i sacrificed the microstreamer for the musicstreamer II+ , am i kicked out of the club ??

Yes
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #257 of 1,216
Quote:

lol, yeah i guess its not a club if you just let anybody in !! i'll go start me  MSii+ club, i'll need to come up with a secret handshake !

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #258 of 1,216
Quote:
"from the corner to the block"-- galactic

ok, so i sacrificed the microstreamer for the musicstreamer II+ , am i kicked out of the club ??

Let's just say that you are dead to me.  
wink.gif

I knew HRT would come up with something new and sexy the instant I ordered the mS - seems my record is intact in that regard. 
eek.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #259 of 1,216
Anyone else get hiss with the microstreamer or should I return mine?  It is more of a problem with my Android phone as opposed to my computer.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #260 of 1,216
Quote:

Let's just say that you are dead to me.  
wink.gif

I knew HRT would come up with something new and sexy the instant I ordered the mS - seems my record is intact in that regard. 
eek.gif

lol, just a couple of weeks ago, kevin  told me that for my application, (just desktop use) the msII, or better still the msII+
so i happen upon the msII+ on the sale forum here, i jumped on it,
now hrt has something BIG coming out, and i'm sure i'll be drooling over it !

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #261 of 1,216
Quote:
lol, just a couple of weeks ago, kevin  told me that for my application, (just desktop use) the msII, or better still the msII+
so i happen upon the msII+ on the sale forum here, i jumped on it,
now hrt has something BIG coming out, and i'm sure i'll be drooling over it !

The new release actually shows a big change for them.
Here's a hint - take a look at the cover art of their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HighResTech

It's funny, though its no big deal I'm really proud of the social media presence
I built for HRT back in the day when I was there.

And I forgot to mention something else about Kevin:

As an engineer, he's got an incredibly open mind.  Co-workers used to rag on me with high end cables and such,
but instead of following the pack (and he is the leader of the pack) he would investigate to see if there was a change.

I surprised him a couple of times.  I think that ability to keep himself open to certain things is one of the reasons he
can build true giant killers!

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #263 of 1,216
Quote:
Anyone else get hiss with the microstreamer or should I return mine?  It is more of a problem with my Android phone as opposed to my computer.

If it's hissing with everything, return it - if it's only with certain IEMs, you have your answer. Similar 'problems' abound with almost every headphone amp I'm aware of.  

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #264 of 1,216
Quote:

If it's hissing with everything, return it - if it's only with certain IEMs, you have your answer. Similar 'problems' abound with almost every headphone amp I'm aware of.  

Indeed!  Problems can always and usually do arise at some point in high quality audio as it does in high end sports cars and some luxury watches.

Know what my favorite quote from Harry (Pearson, the man who coined the term "high end audio" and created a vocabulary we all still use to describe things sonically)
was, in Rolling Stone??? - 

"If you plug it in and it works it's not high end audio"

LMAO

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #265 of 1,216
HRT, Schiit, Audioquest and Meridian need to start pushing their gear outside the realms of the 'converted' : how many MacWorld readers would absolutely love one of these toys if they were offered as a subscription prize ?

Funny you should mention Macworld: I'm reviewing the microStreamer, DragonFly, Explorer, and DACport for them soon. I covered the Arcam rPAC earlier this year, and did some HeadRoom gear a couple years ago.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #266 of 1,216
Quote:

While the sensitivity of my IEMs certainly factors into me hearing the hiss, it is something more related to how the device is interacting with my Android phone.  The level of hiss is constant, despite the volume of the music.  It isn't there when using the MS with my computer unless set at unreasonable volumes.  I am working to see if people more familiar with Android and USB DACs can suggest something on the phone side that can be done to reduce the baseline noise.  Otherwise, this is an incredible value of a device.  I have a CEntrance HifiM8 due to me at the end of August which I am very eager to compare this to.

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #267 of 1,216
Quote:
and, IMO, as long as you're rockin somethin' from HRT (MSII, II+, Pro, micro)
you're in the club for life

well, i have NO plans to be without an hrt dac anytime soon, the thing that all three hrt's (msII, micro, msII+) have in common to me, they sound less digital, more analog , no matter how bad, or good the source material is. now i'm not saying any of these make a bad recording sound better, what i mean is that with my dragonfly, if the tracks are bad, recorded badly, my ears fatigue much quicker.
also, on a side note, i'd decided to upgrade my desktop speakers, and if any of you are thinking about doing the same, i'd suggest hearing the psb ps1, so far i've been very impressed with the ps1,
now mike , that hint about something big happening with hrt,  could it be speakers ?? i had heard about that speaker system the put together, something along those lines ??

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #268 of 1,216
Quote:
well, i have NO plans to be without an hrt dac anytime soon, the thing that all three hrt's (msII, micro, msII+) have in common to me, they sound less digital, more analog , no matter how bad, or good the source material is. now i'm not saying any of these make a bad recording sound better, what i mean is that with my dragonfly, if the tracks are bad, recorded badly, my ears fatigue much quicker.
also, on a side note, i'd decided to upgrade my desktop speakers, and if any of you are thinking about doing the same, i'd suggest hearing the psb ps1, so far i've been very impressed with the ps1,
now mike , that hint about something big happening with hrt,  could it be speakers ?? i had heard about that speaker system the put together, something along those lines ??

you got it.
So you MAY wanna hold off on the PSB's (though I think that's a fantastic little speaker too)

Jul 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #269 of 1,216
Quote:
you got it.
So you MAY wanna hold off on the PSB's (though I think that's a fantastic little speaker too)

i've already got the psb's , i got them from crutchfield, so i have 60 days to return them,
damn you mike and kevin, now i'll have this bee in my bonnet , lol

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #270 of 1,216
Schiit's new universal amp hooked up to a pair of HRT's new bookshelf (?) speakers : it's more than my dodgy ticker can be expected to bear !  :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back