Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Jul 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #241 of 1,216
Quote:
Hey!

Admittedly I got mine updated for me, so I will ask ASAP about the best solution for MAC (as you know, what I run)
and I believe you can buy HRT's version of the camera connection kit through Themusic.com - that's the audio
retail arm if you will, for HRT and other lines that Elite A/V Distribution handles.

Not listed on themusic.com yet... I will check back soon. Thanks for asking about the solution for a MAC.

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #242 of 1,216
Quote:

Has anyone done the firmware upgrade? What's the benefit?
Does anyone know how to check the current firmware version? On Mac OS

The latest version of microStreamer firmware adds support for iPad host's using either the HRT HMA-1 or the Apple camera connection kit (30 pin or Lightning).  As of mid July, the firmware version for the microStreamer is uS_1V2.bin or uS(NAS)_1V2.bin.

You can integrate any USB device on a Mac platform using the utility System Profiler, this will allow you to 'see' both the version number and the date.  On a Windows platform, you can download the USBView utility from the Support page of the HRT website for the same task.

As always, please feel free to send any questions to support@hirestech.com we are always happy to assist.

Kevin Halverson
CTO
High Resolution Technologies, LLC

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #243 of 1,216
***Edit: Nevermind***

Had an update from Kevin via email that I was going to post but it looks like the man himself is now here!

Thanks Kevin!

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #244 of 1,216
I just got a MicroStreamer and can confirm that it works without issue with a Galaxy Note II.  I can also confirm that it sounds quite good, however I have quite a bit of hiss with my Westone 4Rs both connected to my phone and connected to my computer.  Has anyone else run into background noise issues and have you found a solution?  It is just loud enough that I can still hear it when music is playing.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #245 of 1,216
Quote:
The latest version of microStreamer firmware adds support for iPad host's using either the HRT HMA-1 or the Apple camera connection kit (30 pin or Lightning).  As of mid July, the firmware version for the microStreamer is uS_1V2.bin or uS(NAS)_1V2.bin.

You can integrate any USB device on a Mac platform using the utility System Profiler, this will allow you to 'see' both the version number and the date.  On a Windows platform, you can download the USBView utility from the Support page of the HRT website for the same task.

As always, please feel free to send any questions to support@hirestech.com we are always happy to assist.

Kevin Halverson
CTO
High Resolution Technologies, LLC

Welcome to the thread Kevin!
This only exists because of your excellent engineering and sheer love of music my old friend!

I'm SO psyched to see you here.
I'm rockin my microStreamer right now actually - still in front of the ALO Pan Am!  I'm diggin the
tubiness at the moment.  I go into phases: solid state, back to tubes, solid state...

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #246 of 1,216
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the kind words.  Can't promise I will always be here to respond, but if my alerts work, I should be seeing any activity that merits a comment and I will do my best to post as quickly as I can. 

As for the solid state and valve vacillation as long as your enjoying 'the ride' it is all good by me.  Not certain if you ever do the iPad portable 'thing' but if you do, would love to get your impression of the combination with the microStreamer (running the latest firmware).  Its kinda fun really, tried it with my Audez'e and have to admit, that is a pretty nice combination.  Would be even more fun with the iPad mini I suspect.

Hope all is well in your life.  Been busy as ever over here with a really BIG new product series about to launch.

All my best,

Kevin

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #248 of 1,216
Quote:
Hope all is well in your life.  Been busy as ever over here with a really BIG new product series about to launch.

All my best,

Kevin

now thats interesting , looking forward to whatever IT may be !!??!!??

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #249 of 1,216
Welcome aboard Kevin. Just wondering if Mike should be taking the blue pills in the morning and the pink ones at night ?   
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #251 of 1,216
Kevin,

I have the third version of iPad. May I ask where can I get the cable for it?

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #252 of 1,216
Quote:
I been taking the pinks in the morning!!!!

only take ONE mike !!  and DON'T ask alice

oh, and i went and got the MSII+ , outfreakingstanding !!

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #253 of 1,216
Quote:
only take ONE mike !!  and DON'T ask alice

oh, and i went and got the MSII+ , outfreakingstanding !!

I'm SO glad you took that plunge.
I've been using the MSII+ as a reference along w/ the MSII (always nice to hear them STOMP over a new component-sized DAC) since it came out!!

NICE one.

What are people playing through their microStreamer right now??
Me?

Contact - The-Drum

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #254 of 1,216
Quote:
I'm SO glad you took that plunge.
I've been using the MSII+ as a reference along w/ the MSII (always nice to hear them STOMP over a new component-sized DAC) since it came out!!

NICE one.

What are people playing through their microStreamer right now??
Me?

Contact - The-Drum

Right at this moment.. Prince - Purple Rain in 24/96

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #255 of 1,216
"from the corner to the block"-- galactic

ok, so i sacrificed the microstreamer for the musicstreamer II+ , am i kicked out of the club ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back