Songs That Give You the Goosebumps (the good ones)
Mar 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #32 of 159
Piano man - Billy Joel always does the trick,when i'm listening to untitled 8 - Sigur Ros i get goosebumps and start shaking my head in a violent non-musical way when I close my eyes.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #33 of 159
Thieves In The Night - Blackstar ("I give a da**, if any fan recall my legacy/ I'm tryin' to live life in the sight of G-d's memory". Great song.)
Respiration - Blackstar (The beat on this song does it for me. "Chest heavin'/ I can feel the city breathin'")
K.O.S - Blackstar (I listened to a lot of Talib and Mos today. "At exactly what point to you begin to realize/ that life without knowledge is death in disguise")
Misunderstood - Nina Simone
Misunderstood - Common
Four Women - Nina Simone
For Women - Talib Kweli (Really, guys, even if you don't like hip-hop. listen to these two songs. "Runnin' with my bare feet/Aint' got nothin' but my sole". What? This pair is better than the Misunderstood pair, but both are good. Talib does a great job expanding Nina Simone's story though.)
Sinnerman - Nina Simone (The clapping sequence is ill. The piano is ill. The vocals are ill.)
Since I Been Loving You - Corinne Bailey Rae (This song, is amazing. Check it out. Just a bass, a piano, and a great voice)
My Dear Contry - Norah Jones (I like almost all of her stuff. This song is just velvety though. Only way I can explain it.)

Wow. This was just off the top. I'll have to hook up my external hard-drive and look through my collection to post some more. I'm not gonna say I get goosebumps every single time I hear any of these songs' but I have on more than one occasion though. I mean, to be honest I've listened to For Women - Talib Kweli like, 7 times in a row before though. So, its makes since that I don't get goosebumps every time :p

omg can't believe I forgot:

You're Just too Good to be True - Lauryn Hill ("I need you baaaabyyy/ if it's quite all right" oh yea, she breaks it down good in this song)
To Zion - Lauryn Hill (So touching. "I touch my belly overwhelmed/ by what I had been chosen to perform/..../Think of your career they'd say/Lauryn baby use your head/but instead I chose to use my heart")

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #38 of 159
Stone Sour - Through Glass
La roux - I'm not your toy (Jack Beats Remix)
both do it everytime

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #41 of 159
Great thread. I have a few and I'll list them eventually. But I wanted to chime in with a single song that I've been listening to frequently ever since the album was released.

Breathe ~ BoDeans (from their 'Still' CD)

Try to find a copy of it and have a listen. Then listen to it again. And see if you don't get goosebumps.

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #43 of 159
Blondie - Union City Blue
Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
Metallica - Fade to Black
Captain Beefheart - Live version of Orange Claw Hammer (and many other CB&TMB songs!)
Matt Finish - Short Note
Split Enz - I Got You
Splitz Enz - Message to My Girl
Pavlov's Dog - Mersey
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

And on a different note: The Anti-Nowhere League - So What

Users who are viewing this thread

Back