songbird
Jul 29, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #18 of 32
Yes, I have tried it.
It is quite nice indeed, and have made some promising progress the last two years. I simply can not get over the fact that it is build upon XUL Runner though and hence do not feel native, just like Firefox, Thunderbird, and others.

So iTunes it is for me...

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #19 of 32
Ever since I started using Foobar inertia has set in with regards to changing to other audio players. Heck, I don't even bother upgrading to the latest Foobar as the one I using is fine and I don't feel like spending the time to reconfigure again.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #20 of 32
On second thought it looks very nice but I haven't found a way to install ASIO or WASAPI. Is there a way to install one of those? Otherwise I am going to stick with Foobar.

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #21 of 32
thanks op may actually be the first program to get me to stop using WMP, well after a few improvements

itunes is by far the worst ive used, absolutly hate that with a passion

foobar - found it too complicated, its skinning was beyond me and i didnt like the look

WMP, - havent found a player like more than 11, for me the interface is near perfect for finding and organising

Songbird, - has a very nice GUI, like wmp, and is more customizable just beggining to explore its addons, needs a good album view tho! and a few bugs need sorting [ie speed] before it displaces WMP but i can see it

yet again mozilla impresses, i already love firefox and thunderbird, and this is close to becoming my default music player!

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #23 of 32
Yeah, Songbird is definitely worth a try.
smile.gif

17796459.png

May 31, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #26 of 32
Complaints about 60-110MB usage?  Only time I'm ever bothered by ram usage is when half of my 4GB is still held up by things that just didn't want to flush out.  ie: using firefox for a while and I close it to find my ram usage won't go down until I restart.  Heck my firefox is using about 250MB and songbird about 95MB.

I consider it a better itunes...used that for a while, but started to hate it in windows so found soundbird about a year ago give or take a few months.

May 31, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #27 of 32

Quote:
Want to try it, but it doesn't support CUE files since the last time I checked.

deal breaker right there since i've decided to go lossless image with embedded cue sheet for everything

i'll stick with foobar

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #30 of 32
Have they [songbird] solved the problem with large flac libraries yet? When I last tried Songbird 6 months ago, it used to crash when attempting to tag a file while playing others, or it simply lagged when I changed tracks rapidly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back