Song w/ WORST SQ to debut my Darths with
Apr 12, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 59
how come californication has such a bad rap? I was listening to one copy of the cd encoded at 128 kbs, then I listened to my flac encoding. The flac has clipping on every song. Is this normal?

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by slydog64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come californication has such a bad rap? I was listening to one copy of the cd encoded at 128 kbs, then I listened to my flac encoding. The flac has clipping on every song. Is this normal?

Not only does Californication have cliping on every song, it has cliping on EVERY SECOND of EVERY SONG!!! Also, Parallel Universe is one of the loudest songs ever produced in the history of music!!

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 59
I never noticed the clipping cuz all ive ever had are encoded versions of the cd. I guess thats one benefit of using ripped music.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any of the Rush remastered CDs, Yuk
Just burn some tracks at a low bitrate MP3, soundcard as source.

They are that bad?? I guess I just have to try out the mobile fidelity CDs.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #23 of 59
Shakira - Hips don't lie .... worst sq ever even on cd.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #24 of 59
me rapping over my dogs barking in a cave.

I'll do it tonight.

Woof

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are that bad?? I guess I just have to try out the mobile fidelity CDs.

Well... thats my oppinion, whatever thats worth. Even my original rush CDs (un-remastered) are nothing special. But at least they arent as over-processed and dynamically-flat as the remasters.

I'm really surprised you can still get un-remastered metallica releases from the 80s.... uncompressed and dynamic as they always had been. As popular as they continue to be, you'd think the record label would cash in in the average-joe-fi consumer, and con them into shelling out more $$$ to "update" his old metallica collection.

Can anyone comment on the Queensryche remasters?... are they better / worse than the original CDs?

thanks!!!

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 59
Another one for Californication, and I love Snow Patrol but Eyes Open and Final Straw were recorded horribly.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Low bit rate MP3s or even MIDI!

MIDI isn't MIDI. It depends on the synthesizer.

Grab a .mid composed on a Roland Sound Canvas and play it back on an SCC1 card, and it'll sound damn good.

Play it back on a LAPC-1 (remembering to remap the instruments to GM) and it'll sound at least weird, possibly bad.

And on most sound cards . . . yech.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #29 of 59
Paris Hilton - Stars Are Blind.

I don't know if it's the rip I acquired from the internet, or really the producing, but the bass is so incredibly boomy and bouncy, it's ridiculous.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Darth V3's on order, what is the worst song in terms of SQ that I can listen to for the first time on my new Darths. I figure if I start out with bad SQ and am impressed then stepping up in SQ should negate the usual phenomenea of getting "used" to the Darth sound. Dumb question I know, but wanted to see if there would be any takers.

Queen - Pre Ordained has by far the worst sound quality of any CD I've owned. It sounds like a bootleg cassette tape was roasting in a Miami junkyard car's glove compartment for a good 10 years until some kid dug it out and burned it to a CD via his grandma's PC.

If it sounds listenable with your Darths...then you've got problems
biggrin.gif

Edit: And it's a damn shame the Pre Ordained CD's sound quality sucks so bad, 'cause some of that music is pretty groovy
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back