Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Aug 21, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,112 of 1,377
By the way, your HD650 profile is awful. Thankfully that's not the case with other headphones I've tried (although I was unimpressed with the HE400i as well) but you need to look at that profile. It's worse than the unEQed sound of the HD650.

Aug 26, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1,116 of 1,377
I've downloaded the free trial of True-fi to use with my HD 650, and I think it takes too much smoothness away with my HD 6xx.. Also doesn't have ASIO support.

I'm gonna try out the Ref 4 trial, and see if that program makes them still have that natural smoothness to them, while correcting their FR. And ofcourse to see if ASIO is included in the trial.

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #1,118 of 1,377
here is my custom profile maybe it works well for you via multi-band eq?
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 10.00.39 PM.png

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #1,122 of 1,377
So i've tried to download the trial of the Ref 4, but it says ''this app can't get installed on your pc''. Does anyone know why this is?
Same issue here. It's because the file being downloaded is only 59bytes. It's essentially a broken link right now. I found a mirror on sourceforge for the full suite, but attempting to register it as a trial just sent me to the activation page :frowning2:

I'd really like to try the additional controls in Reference 4 over True-fi. I found the effect on some headphones with True-fi a little much, so having a little more control would be absolutely perfect.

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #1,124 of 1,377
What more control do you think Reference 4 will give you? I don't recall a single additional feature you'd find particularly useful.

https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/tutorials/studio-edition-manual

Enable Bass Boost and Tilt
Pg 33

Predefined Target Curves

Dry / wet control:
The Dry / Wet control lets you adjust the level of correction applied to the audio signal.Normally this should be set to 100% wet to ensure that the calibration is accurate. If you feelthat the correction is too drastic for your needs, tweak this to your liking, but keep in mind that the calibration will get increasingly less accurate. Note that this is not a typical Dry / Wetmixer - the knob controls the “depth” of the correction. The core signal is always Wet, but thecorrection amount can be dynamically adjusted.35
Pg 36

Zero Latency

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #1,125 of 1,377

Users who are viewing this thread

Back