Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Feb 22, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #603 of 1,377
couldn't find any info on System wide software on their web page. I also didn't get any email. I use the reference 3 plugin.
confused.gif

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #604 of 1,377
Currently it's for Mac only, so only Mac clients got the news. Windows version should be ready in a few weeks. Currently we're still licking some minor bugs and will inform everyone once we start selling. Naturally the 5 day deal will only start counting down once the store opens.

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #605 of 1,377
So I want to try Sonarworks.
I downloaded it & after what felt like 10 installed it finished, but what now?

How do I use it with foobar, there is no instruction or read me file? The installation installed in several different folders, what am I supposed to pick to use in foobar?

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #606 of 1,377
Copied from this thread....

Okay, I got it to work with foobar2000. Here's what you need to do.

Download and install the free trial of Sonarworks Reference 3 Headphone. (Or purchase it.)

Download and install this VST adapter in foobar2000.

Go to Components, VST plugins and add the Sonarworks plugin.

Go to Playback, DSP Manager and activate the Sonarworks plugin. Then click Configure Selected.

I been following these directions.
I installed the VST adapter from here http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html & set it to active.

Next I copy the .dill file in program_files/VSTplugins folder to the components folder in foobar & restart foobar.
It doesn't show up in the components menu or DPS Manager menu, noting that say's "reference" or "sonarworks".

When I tried selecting the install option from the components menu in foobar & select the Program_files/VSTplugins folder, the .dill file does not appear & it just shows an empty folder.
I tried both the x64 & x86 folders of VSTplugins & nothing appears there for me to install.

What am I doing wrong?
Speaking of which, how do I uninstall all the programs sonarworks installed? I counted something like 6 different installs.

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #607 of 1,377
So I want to try Sonarworks.
I downloaded it & after what felt like 10 installed it finished, but what now?

How do I use it with foobar, there is no instruction or read me file? The installation installed in several different folders, what am I supposed to pick to use in foobar?

Hellll!  I blew my trial trying to get it to work with FB2K with no results.  I'm not buying the program until it works for me.  Will have to get my son to download it for me.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #608 of 1,377
  When a new software is being released, there's often delays and hiccups.
I wouldn't sweat over it.
The deals also come and go.

yeah my issue is i bought the headphone and speaker plugins and such only because i wanted to demo the systemwide as it is something i have been needing for a long time and because the demo wouldn't work using a trial license for the plugins.  so here I am fully paid and can't ultimately demo the application i was initially most interested in.  the discount is only incidental but still i don't even see an order form for it even though they said they would discount it for these 5 days that are almost over.  i wouldn't mind purchasing it even at the discount with the idea being they will eventually get it working but i have gotten no response regarding it from any of the emails or support tix i provided.

another coincidence is with my MC21 I couldn't even use the plugins alone since they left the last release of MC21 with a bug that doesn't let you actually add plugins.  so i guess that 'feature' which was advertised part of MC21 is now a reason i have to upgrade to MC22 after the initial upgrade discount expired.  it does seem since one of the features i had expected to have purchased with MC21 and later found out actually doesn't work there should either be a patch for MC21 given to fix the plugin issue or they should allow late upgrades at the discounted rate.

edited - just read the followup post regarding the bugs they are working on and that it still is not up for sale.  this is certainly good to hear and rests my mind a bit.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #609 of 1,377
Finally we are getting somewhere here... thanks Sonarworks support for a functional systemwide license key.  Now the only remaining issue is there is no way to set a 'flat' calibration profile for when you want to apply the other features such as bass and tilt adjustments without a calibration profile.  Would seem appropriate for them to provide a 'Flat' profile file or allow the same 'No File Selected' option that the regular plugin allows.

The reason I need this is because I do not yet have my speakers calibrated (the kit is still in the mail) and so I have no way to listen to my speakers with a flat calibration without selecting some headphone as a profile which doesn't make sense.

I am also curious exactly what is the difference between 'headphone' and the 'speaker' plugins.  Aren't they doing the exact same thing?  Kinda odd to have 2 license and configurations for them. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #610 of 1,377
When I try dragging & dropping the Reference.dll

I get this message:
Could not load component "Reference3_x64.dll": Unsupported format or corrupted file

Do i have to somehow use the trial key code or open some separate Sonarworks program to get the .dll file to be supported?

The only deviation from the other instructions I did was download the VST plugin from http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html
Instead from https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,84947.0.html as clicking on the link to download it doesn't nothing.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #611 of 1,377
Does AudioHijack require sound flower as pedalboard did? I used PB but it made numerous cracks and pops. Also, how do you call up the sonar works plugin in AH3?

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #612 of 1,377
  Does AudioHijack require sound flower as pedalboard did? I used PB but it made numerous cracks and pops. Also, how do you call up the sonar works plugin in AH3?

No AH works by itself. A far more elegant and efficient solution than Soundflower + that awful Pedalboard.

Plugins are listed inthe 'Library'. Right hand side after you create a new scene/route/oath. Just drag and drop.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #614 of 1,377
You need the X86 version.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #615 of 1,377
When I try dragging & dropping the Reference.dll

I get this message:
Could not load component "Reference3_x64.dll": Unsupported format or corrupted file

Do i have to somehow use the trial key code or open some separate Sonarworks program to get the .dll file to be supported?

The only deviation from the other instructions I did was download the VST plugin from http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html
Instead from https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,84947.0.html as clicking on the link to download it doesn't nothing.

If you're refering to the VST pluggin, click install in the foobar pane and go to where the zip file is and hit enter.  No need to unzip the .dll and copy.  As for the rest, I'm lost.
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back