Somic mh4XX in-ear headphones reviews
Dec 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #18 of 23
The 407 is the best clarity wise. The 401, 403, 405, and 417 are all good for the price, but each have their own set of flaws. There are several $60+ chinese earphones out now that just sound much better. The 401 is my favorite aside from the 407 based on design, and the inclusion of foam tips.

The 415 will be releasing soon, and looks very good.

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #21 of 23
Did anybody listened the mh415? If so, i would like to know more about it:)

I've got em. They're a solid pick, though not outstanding in any way:

- weak bass for a dynamic (pretty comparable to the Sony XBA2/UE600 that I have, so its adequate)
- good vocal presence
- well extended treble that lacks a bit of sparkle
- small, comfortable, but the built in ear guides can be a little annoying since they lack any real memory. I found they have to be heated and shaped.

I know these comments are not super positive, but they are nice little iem when you actually get the chance to use them. I have no regrets for buying them.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #22 of 23
i know this if hype-fi but i appreciate your honest opinion! :)

i already ordered them a week ago but shipping takes about a month from china so i was curious how others thought of them.
I ordered 5 cheap pairs of iems in total and I'm looking forward to comparing them.

most people seem to like the pistons the most but I'm not sure how they hold up on outside use since they're pretty open. The somics should isolate better.

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #23 of 23
i know this if hype-fi but i appreciate your honest opinion! :)

i already ordered them a week ago but shipping takes about a month from china so i was curious how others thought of them.
I ordered 5 cheap pairs of iems in total and I'm looking forward to comparing them.

most people seem to like the pistons the most but I'm not sure how they hold up on outside use since they're pretty open. The somics should isolate better.

You are welcome. I hope you enjoy them and all the other inexpensive ones you picked up.

The Pistons isolate well enough. Not to the level of the Somics, but they're definitely not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back