something you don't eat?
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #31 of 168
I'm vegetarian, originally because it made me feel better when I was doing martial arts -- less tense, but after a week not eating meat, it seemed and smelt disgusting to me. Now I can't stand the smell of it, especially cooked chicken or beef. Considering that beef production is the world's #1 cause of global warming (I kid you not) I have another reason to be glad to be vegetarian.

Back on topic though, I don't like asparagus or Japanese natto which is basically fermented soy beans.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #34 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like Baba Ganoush, I love it.

I knew there was a name for it! Glad you like it.
tongue_smile.gif

Going into further depth: I have yet to find any seafood that I can actually stomach with the exception of breaded, fried shrimp, and I also cannot stand okra, plus several vegetables that I only know by their traditional names in India.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #35 of 168
I am full carnivore. Eat vegetables as a courtesy sometimes. Anything vegetable with a Z or anything with the word casserole I will not touch with a 10 foot pole.

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #36 of 168
Pretty much any cheese, other than mozarella for pizza's, they give me headaches.
Cinnamon - Possibly the single most offensive matter known to mankind.
Oysters - once described (accurately) as like licking snot off a tortoise
Veal - Just plain mean

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #38 of 168
I'm pretty gung ho re: food and will practically eat anything (once).
I do draw the line at household pets (especially now that the goldfish has grown too big to swallow). There are somethings that I'd rather not eat (i.e., most insects and worms) and I'm not partial to parsnips (but will eat them on rare occassion).

I'm rather fond of wild game (venison, elk, moose, bear, duck, goose, prarie chicken), most seafood, and even like eel (as the Koreans prepare it).

Cheers!

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #39 of 168
Well, I'm vegetarian (for no reason other than I was raised that way).

However, I also have a strong aversion for Eggplant and Asparagus after I got food poisoning (probably from something else I was eating at the time) but it stuck in my mind as those two and now I can't eat either vegetable.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #40 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty much any cheese, other than mozarella for pizza's, they give me headaches.
Cinnamon - Possibly the single most offensive matter known to mankind.
Oysters - once described (accurately) as like licking snot off a tortoise
Veal - Just plain mean

I love cinnamon, infact I bought a seasoning bottle of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an ethical aversion to most seafood due to its generally unsustainable harvest. I still eat it sometimes when I visit a coast though. Other than that, there is little I won't eat.

I agree, and there is a fact to it too there are many body of waters that are getting very polluted.

I don't microwave my food. MSGs and almost all of fastfood beside the not so bad stuff like subway (I think?). I will never be a complete vegetarians, but I have heaviliy lighten the meat intake, I must say I feel noticably better from it, and my wastes really stinks less.

Ginger is supposed to be good, but both time I drink ginger tea I got bad diarrhea so I never drank ginger tea again.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #41 of 168
Kielbasa. I got food poisoning once from it and the smell of it makes me nauseous every time now.

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #42 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't touch MOST seafood. I don't like vegetables, except for potatoes. I don't really like pork that much but I'll eat it if I'm forced to.

Also I don't eat steak. I used to but one day my grandma made me a steak and it was really bad and I ended up throwing up really bad so I decided to not ever eat steak again. Now I don't really eat it because it's not terribly good for you and I haven't had it in so long I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Burgers though are one of my favorite food ever though, so it's not beef, just steak I don't like.

So what exactly do you eat?
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont touch vegetables.

How can you just... not eat vegetables? What is a typical meal like? A piece of meat on a plate by itself?

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #43 of 168
durian. that stuff is just nasty

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #45 of 168
mushrooms. Although some may sneak past me on a pizza, I abhor it. The texture, the taste, mushrooms are a vile fungi to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back