something you don't eat?
Nov 16, 2008 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 168

Seaside

500+ Head-Fier
I think every one of you has something don't want to eat.
Because of religion, because of the texture, taste, smell, family tradition, bad memory related to a certain food, or simply don't eat it without reason.

In my case, it's chicken.
I used to eat chicken, then somehow someday I lost my appetite on it, stopped eat it. People said that's strange, and I don't know why too. I just haven't had any chicken for more than 15 years, and i think i continue to do so. My wife eats all kind of sushi, except that made of eel.

Do you have anything like that?

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 168
Eggplant...

The first time my parents had me try eggplant, it was prepared as follows:

1. My Dad went out out to the grill and grilled it over the fire until the outer skin started flaking off at the touch
2. My mother brought it inside and mashed it down to essentially a pulp
3. This concoction was then cooked with Indian spices, etc.

I could not stand the taste or the consistency of the dish and as a result, to this day, no matter how it is prepared, I cannot bring myself to eat eggplant.

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 168
I have an ethical aversion to most seafood due to its generally unsustainable harvest. I still eat it sometimes when I visit a coast though. Other than that, there is little I won't eat.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #6 of 168
I'm proud to say that I eat everything that is generally concidered edible (I don't eat things like alive bugs, extremely fermented cheeses with worms inside them, rotten shark, but then again these are "special" items). I've had snake, some deep-fried bugs, I eat pretty much all french cheeses, I enjoy broccoli, fish, cellery (root and fresh), spinach, seafood, mushrooms etc.

Eel sushi can be extremely delicious if it is prepared from good quality fresh eel, generally worse quality eel has a more muddy taste and is more dependant on the sauce it comes with.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 168
where do i start..

Rice pudding
Nearly all seafood
Liver or other types of offal

I'm probably one of the fussiest eaters about
redface.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where do i start..

Rice pudding
Nearly all seafood
Liver or other types of offal

I'm probably one of the fussiest eaters about
redface.gif

Belive me, I've seen people with almost a book of ingredients they can't eat because of extreme allergies. Usually those people have a list of ingredients that they can eat, instead of what they cant.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eggplant...

The first time my parents had me try eggplant, it was prepared as follows:

1. My Dad went out out to the grill and grilled it over the fire until the outer skin started flaking off at the touch
2. My mother brought it inside and mashed it down to essentially a pulp
3. This concoction was then cooked with Indian spices, etc.

I could not stand the taste or the consistency of the dish and as a result, to this day, no matter how it is prepared, I cannot bring myself to eat eggplant.

Sounds like Baba Ganoush, I love it.

I don't eat any kind of red meat or oranges.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 168
My list is so long it'd probably be easier to list things I would eat.

The top of my Do Not Eat list would include onions, tomatoes, peppers, and other slimy stuff like that. It's mostly a texture thing, but often also taste. Onions are god-awful. I can't do chunks of veggies, like in salsa or spaghetti sauce. No mushrooms either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back