something you don't eat?
Nov 17, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #61 of 168
Brown rice.

I just think it's terrible, that's all.

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #62 of 168
Anyone one tell you not to judge a book by its cover?

Well I basically don't eat anything that looks like it came out from someones ass.

I also wont eat the obvious candidates (dog, human, cat, any sort of testicles, insects, and ext.)

Other than that- I am open to try anything.

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #63 of 168
I'll eat pretty much anything. Sea urchin and whatever those half-inch long fish were I ate in Bangladesh are both pretty good. Except olives. Just can't stand 'em. Olive oil on the other hand I happily put on anything and everything I eat. Go figure.

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #64 of 168
Well I guess its the smell more than anything else. The creamy texture is pretty tolerable.

I've eaten a durian but I dont think I'll ever try is balut
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ HEY! I love Durian!

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #66 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not touch anything on the The 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World list.

#2 reminds me of the Norwegian dish Smalahaue.

smalahode.jpg

smalahode_%281%29.jpg

Some of those things do look pretty gruesome, but 1 and 6 don't really look too bad. I've eaten some really weird stuff in my life... snake blood, water cockroaches... I'll spare you guys the rest. But one thing I've never been able to eat is mushrooms and I have no idea why
tongue_smile.gif

Oh yeah, I also can't stand cilantro... though I don't know if this counts since you don't really eat it by itself a lot.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #67 of 168
I try and avoid processed foods as they don't tend to be good for you, preferring organic (or free range at least) and home cooked.
What I won't eat is seafood, like mussels, winkles, oysters and the such. If it looks like snot, I'm not going to touch it.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #68 of 168
Celery...tastes like mud to me...Ugh!
Gooseberries. One of my teachers (back in the day) made me eat some for lunch at school one day and I promptly threw up all over him.
tongue_smile.gif
Never touched them since!

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #70 of 168
I ve eaten Frog legs also by mistake..so i can eat everything.

oh yea..i dont like Vegetarian food..everyone in my family is vegetarian..and i hate vegetarian food.

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #71 of 168
I tried 'stinky tofu' once. They told me once I get over the 'aroma' it is actually not bad. When I tasted the so called 'aroma', it was downhill from there. The tofu ice cream saved me.

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #72 of 168
Well, not eating organ meats is a cultural thing. A lot of americans just feel like they're above it.

I've got no inclination to eat menudo, chitlins or any other kind of tripes, steak & kidney pie sounds like a waste of steak, liver & onions sounds terrible, etc, but I've never had the opportunity to eat any of them either.

I know a guy who was a mormon missionary in the UK in the 70's. He said the lady they were living with would make steak and kidney pie about once a week - and they could smell it from a block away, so they'd just hang a left and go to the pub for fish & chips.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #73 of 168
I draw the line at aged walrus meat and toasted vegans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back