Something with similar FIT as BEATS studio?
Apr 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AltecXP

New Head-Fier
I need a seat of headphones for when I am in the office. I was in the Apple store and tried the BEATS studio's on. I wasn't big on the sound but I LOVED the feel on my head.

Can anyone recommend something that has a great fit around the ear while also being good for Rock or acoustic? I'd like to try and keep the price under $200 if I can, but if I have to go a little higher I will.

Apr 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 9
Oh but Shure SRH840 is known for its lack of ergonomics, and extremely heavy AND flat headband that destroys the crown of your skull. That's the opposite of what OP wants to get to (best comfort + ok sound).

Quote:

The Shure SRH240 looks a lot the beats studios. I think you can find it around $60 but I'm not too sure on the sound quality.

Headfonia also did a super-review on a bunch of closed headphones here: http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/
I also heard the Shure SRH840 was good for rock, they seem to fit your price range too.

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 9
Hey now!  The headband is not that bad.  In fact, I find the head band quite comfortable.  Though, I will admit that there more comfortable headband designs out there.  The earpads of the SRH840 are just as soft and comfortable(if not more) as the ones on the Beats.

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Hey now!  The headband is not that bad.  In fact, I find the head band quite comfortable.  Though, I will admit that there more comfortable headband designs out there.  The earpads of the SRH840 are just as soft and comfortable(if not more) as the ones on the Beats.

i agree i find my pair extremely comfortable. but everyone is different. i recommend the OP try's them first as a lot of people find them heavy and uncomfortable.

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Yeah my roommate has a pair of 750DJ. I A/B'd them against my M50 quite a few times. And from what people say here 840 is very similar, except heavier (top-wise). I don't want to get into another "personal experience vs forum opinion" argument so that's the end of the line for me.

Quote:
Have you ever worn them?

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Yeah my roommate has a pair of 750DJ. I A/B'd them against my M50 quite a few times. And from what people say here 840 is very similar, except heavier (top-wise). I don't want to get into another "personal experience vs forum opinion" argument so that's the end of the line for me.

ive owned both the shure srh750dj and the shure srh840 and i can tell you teh srh750dj was atrocious compared to the srh840. the pads were rock solid and they were very tight. but surprisingly i still found them ok for short periods of time.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 9
I know I posted this a while ago but I wanted to follow up. I bought the ATH-M50's from Amazon and I really enjoy them, the sound and fit, sound and mote importantly to me the fit, is great IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back