Something Old...Something Beautiful...Something Good
Feb 23, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #16 of 63
Gilmore Dynamic Reference (ayt999):
reference.jpg

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #17 of 63
Wow...I never seen that before. That looks stunning! Headamp is another "local" (Virginia) company that's relatively near me
biggrin.gif

I don't know about you guys...but I much prefer the older "retro" design. Thanks for posting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gilmore Dynamic Reference (ayt999):
reference.jpg

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #18 of 63
I am LOVING these pics guys! Keep em coming!

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #21 of 63
Just WOW!!!! Picture is worth thousand words
biggrin.gif
I wish I can hear that one of these days. Owning one is like a pipe dream
icon10.gif
Why are "old" amps more beautiful?...at least for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MOTH-S2A3.jpg

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #22 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Wheatfield HA-2 is arriving tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Color me jealous! I'd love one of the old Wheatfields, just never had the $$$ when one popped up.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Wheatfield HA-2 is arriving tomorrow. Pics to follow.

What?!!! You, Sir, are an amp glutton. When can I hear it?
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #24 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?!!! You, Sir, are an amp glutton. When can I hear it?
evil_smiley.gif

I've wanted one for a while. Now that it will be here tomorrow, I'm not sure why I bought it. I will be out of town this weekend. You are welcome to it. I'm not sure how to get it to you before I leave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Color me jealous! I'd love one of the old Wheatfields, just never had the $$$ when one popped up.

I will be in Portland, ME this weekend. If you are anywhere near there, I will bring it up with me and you can ship it back.

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #25 of 63
SE, very nice pics of the inside! Glad to hear my old amp is getting loved
biggrin.gif

I'm also of the opinion that a tube amp should look like a tube amp! No hiding tubes under a cover, behind a big faceplace, etc. I typiclly favor creative or non-standard designs that make use of the tube's shape in an artistic way - I think recstar's Moth is a perfect example of this. Simply gorgeous; and probably my favorite looking amp ever! Must say though, I'm not a fan of the common "small box on bigger box" designs ala the Prima Lunas, Darkvoices, etc. Looks aesthetically unbalanced, but that's just my weird opinion (I'm sure many hate the look of my SDS though I'm quite fond of it)
biggrin.gif

Here's some pics of my own toaster-style Singlepower SDS. I hope to buy a nice camera soon (Nikon D40); then I can really go to town with pics. Just need to get some brasso for those little bars
biggrin.gif

DSCF02401.jpg

DSCF0266-11.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #27 of 63
[Cry]
rolleyes.gif
...I want one of those so bad
frown.gif

Just beautiful pictures, Mike. When I saw the "toaster" for the first time (about 2 years ago), I thought it was the most beautiful artistic amp design ever. I wonder why Singlepower changed the chassis design?

Mike, your old ZOTL is getting much love, especially after some tube rolling
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SE, very nice pics of the inside! Glad to hear my old amp is getting loved
biggrin.gif

I'm also of the opinion that a tube amp should look like a tube amp! No hiding tubes under a cover, behind a big faceplace, etc. I typiclly favor creative or non-standard designs that make use of the tube's shape in an artistic way - I think recstar's Moth is a perfect example of this. Simply gorgeous; and probably my favorite looking amp ever! Must say though, I'm not a fan of the common "small box on bigger box" designs ala the Prima Lunas, Darkvoices, etc. Looks aesthetically unbalanced, but that's just my weird opinion (I'm sure many hate the look of my SDS though I'm quite fond of it)
biggrin.gif

Here's some pics of my own toaster-style Singlepower SDS. I hope to buy a nice camera soon (Nikon D40); then I can really go to town with pics. Just need to get some brasso for those little bars
biggrin.gif

DSCF02401.jpg

DSCF0266-11.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back