Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

gerbi

100+ Head-Fier
Since I've posted a few comments here and there I thought to start a new thread about my quest for sound nirvana (according to my personal taste obviously). I bought a pair of CK10 as they were recommended as having great highs (which I love). Unfortunately the thin bass (sorry, best way I can describe them!) made sell them. I now have the IE8 that have plenty of bass, but the highs leave a bit to be desired, IMO. So is there an earphone that combines the best of both world or as close as possible. They don't have to have the amount of highs of the CK10 but certainly more than what the IE8 can offer and same for the bass (not as much as the IE8 but more than the CK10). Some of the models recommended where the Radius and the Ortofon but I'd love to hear other opinions. Thank you in advance for everyone's feedback
dt880smile.png

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 90
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #7 of 90

Quote:
TF10

ignore whoever said Radius or the ortos.

I second this. TF10 have plenty of bass with good highs as well. They can have a bit of a trouble with fit depending on your ear size.

The Ortofon e-Q7 have treble as their weakness since there is a slight rolloff on the top and their bass quantity is very close to the CK10. I wouldn't consider this in between at all.

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #8 of 90

Quote:
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.

I haven't heard the CK's yet, but from what I read, I would agree the MTPC would be a nice mid-ground.  I'd also recommend the Westone 3, they have better detail than the IE8 and more bass than the Copper's. The W3 also has a wide "headstage" (like the IE8).

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 90
MTPC are nice for a dynamic based IEM and the SM3 are also very nice (but the uppermidrange/lower treble is ever so slightly recessed. From what I have read the W3 will have more present treble with almost as nice bass as the SM3 but can be fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back