Someone from Colorado ?
Aug 24, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #91 of 222
I'll bring the following:

- Arcam CD73, and the CEC CD3300 too if I can wrangle it on top of everything else
- Cayin, AE-1, Millett Hybrid, and SuperMini-3
- most of my cables
- AD2000, K701, DT880, SR225
- my CD sampler (mostly electronica and trip-hop)
- 2 power strips

Aug 24, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #92 of 222
Asr, that's awesome! Hopefully you'll have fun w/ OakIris' CD3000 and A900. I have some super.fi 5 Pros..I don't know if you're into IEMs (I have some fresh foamies) and I'm not sure what donovansmith has. Also, OakIris' profile shows some ATH Sovereign W1000 (I don't know a thing about those) and some Senns.

Aug 24, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #93 of 222
Thanks for the invitation but I'm some thousands of miles away of CU now
wink.gif
Have fun guys.

Strange but I'm having a mini-meet with someone here in Belgium this saturday too. RKV-K1000, Dynalo-H650, and some other goodies at the menu
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #94 of 222
sisenor, do you mind if I post about this meet on SharkyForums.com? There are quite a few people there who live in Boulder. They might not have great equipment but the more people the better, right?

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #95 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
sisenor, do you mind if I post about this meet on SharkyForums.com? There are quite a few people there who live in Boulder. They might not have great equipment but the more people the better, right?

You know, if you do that, maybe it would be better to ask some people who you know can contribute to the meet a bit rather than posting an open invitation. If not, we could have 5 people from there show up with nothing and cut down on everyone's listening time. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this is more participation than exhibition.

Aug 25, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #96 of 222
Completely understood and agreed. Just thought it would be nice to get more people but you're right. We should have enough people for a good meet regardless though.

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #97 of 222
Due to some last minute stuff that came up, it looks like I won't be able to make it up there today
frown.gif
I hope everyone has fun there and that enough people end up coming. I found the most enjoyable part of the meets I've been to is talking to other audio enthusiasts, and listening to the gear comes secondary to that. It helps put a human face on Head-Fi.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #98 of 222
I'm not going to be able to make it, either. I hope that more people show up. I apologize...
frown.gif

Maybe we could try a fall meet with plenty of advance notice so more people can schedule ahead?? My house is small and I do have some pets (a warning for those of us who may have allergies or are worried about getting hair on their headphones, etc.
tongue.gif
) but I am willing to host it, if anyone is interested. I live in Westminster....

Just an idea - I really hope today's meet is enjoyable and becomes an incentive for a future meet.

Holly

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #99 of 222
Heya, I just wanted to pipe in and say that I'm from Colorado. I go to CSU in Fort Collins.

I think it would be pretty cool to go to a meet and check out some new setups. Right now, I've really only listened to my DT770/80 ampless.

I'd like to see how some headphones can scale differently with and without amps, and how they change when using different amps.

Anyway, hullo!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #100 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by nrwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heya, I just wanted to pipe in and say that I'm from Colorado. I go to CSU in Fort Collins.

I think it would be pretty cool to go to a meet and check out some new setups. Right now, I've really only listened to my DT770/80 ampless.

I'd like to see how some headphones can scale differently with and without amps, and how they change when using different amps.

Anyway, hullo!
smily_headphones1.gif

Believe it or not, it's been really difficult to get a meet going. I tried to get another one going after we had a little mini-meet but it kind of ran out of steam and I was the only one really putting any effort into it. (Here's the thread)

Good luck, though, if you're going to try to organize something.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #103 of 222
Someone really needs to take the reins over there! You guys have a goldmine of potential locations! PS Audio and Ayre Acoustics are in Boulder, Cherry Creek Audio in Denver, Singlepower in Aurora, and Westone in the Springs...!

Mar 15, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #104 of 222
Heck, so is Boulder Amplifiers, Jeff Rowland, Tweekgeek.com, AV123.com and Bolder cables. I'm new to the threads but I live in Boulder and I'd love a get-together anywhere along the front range. Any more senior members willing to take some of the reins on this? Maybe we could at least meet up at RMAF this year, or something like that.

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #105 of 222
I'm still here. I feel like we're all on the outside of a whirlpool, slowly spiralling towards the center...the dreaded meet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ok, so we have this thread, which is ancient and has several interested people, plus the one I started and sort of flaked out on a while ago, which also has several people wanting to meet up. So that's not ideal as most people are only subscribed to one or the other. We could start another thread but then everybody would need to be PMed to be linked to the new thread and we'd still have to refer back to the old threads. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back