Somebody buy me this:
Mar 17, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 39
that is the crappiest attempt at a sleeper I've seen in a while, would still be fun to go tooling around in
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 39
sleeeeeeeeper

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #9 of 39
Best sleeper I ever saw personally was an old Volvo 2-series with a dry-sump racing V8 in it. The wheels almost gave it away (very fat). It would leave at least 50 yards of black along the ground on take-off. Being a Volvo, the cops ignored it, unlike all the garish Japanese things kids drove around on Friday and Saturday nights.

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Feel like an idiot, but what does it mean that the car is a "sleeper"? Looks slow but is fast?

Yes. Preferably even made to look slower. For example, good example of a sleeper would be old, bit rusty, Dodge Dart with pizza-slicer sized tires and dustcap rims, but engine and powertrain changed to some extremely trimmed V8 tech, built to smoke unsuspecting sport(y)car owners.

Or above mentioned Volvo. (great idea for sleeper!
biggrin.gif
) Or one Lada that was around here several years ago (havent seen it personally, but my dad has) which was turbocharged to hell. According to my pops, the engine didnt last long without mainteance, but it was built only to show rearlights to unsuspecting BMW drivers anyway, pure toy for amusement.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #14 of 39
Give me about 20 minutes with that car and it will be ready for the junk yard. If you want something to beat on get an 8. What a peice of crap. BTW, its not really a sleeper with the giant hood scoop.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give me about 20 minutes with that car and it will be ready for the junk yard. If you want something to beat on get an 8. What a peice of crap. BTW, its not really a sleeper with the giant hood scoop.

True true...put a stock hood on it and move the air intake underneath or in the cowl area or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back