Somebody buy me this:
Mar 17, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True true...put a stock hood on it and move the air intake underneath or in the cowl area or something.

And rev the engine too high a few times and its toast. Make the same runs in something with an 8 and you may need an oil change at 2000 instead of 3000 or 5000.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 39
I'm cool, my shoulder is still lame but it isn't bothering me any more, moved myself over to motrin and ditched the percocets. My amp is at rays and my notebook is going back for a motherboard swap, its got one of the defective GPU's from Nvidia. OH, called in for a replacement phone as mine is dying. I did get the Roku DVP though, we have movies lined up out the wahzoo, about 70 in my queue. If any of you guys has Netflicks, the Roku is the best 99 bucks you will ever spend. Mine streams wireless, and works perfect.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give me about 20 minutes with that car and it will be ready for the junk yard. If you want something to beat on get an 8. What a peice of crap. BTW, its not really a sleeper with the giant hood scoop.

You've obviously never seen a boosted four cylinder destroy a v8. V8s are heavy. If a car like the one I posted can actually get traction, it would take a massively tuned V8 to beat it.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

And rev the engine too high a few times and its toast. Make the same runs in something with an 8 and you may need an oil change at 2000 instead of 3000 or 5000.

Here's a neon vs a V10 Viper. Guess what wins?

YouTube - Dodge Neon beats Dodge Viper

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #21 of 39
I dont remember mentioning anything about what was faster? I did mention that if you want something to beat on then an 8 will out last a meth-head four banger. Last time I looked that car was a four door luxury car too. Not exactly lighter than a Stang. Calm down fanboy.

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #22 of 39
I don't see how this one is awesome...
Oh well!
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a neon vs a V10 Viper. Guess what wins?

YouTube - Dodge Neon beats Dodge Viper

It's not about the engine type it is the power to weight ratio and traction. If you're racing from a roll it's also powerband, gearing etc...

I can post NUMEROUS videos of v8 LS1 cars smoking neons, supras etc etc I'm sure the likewise is true also...

Don't be a tool...
darthsmile.gif

Sorry about your electronic woes olblue, but I'm glad you're feeling better!

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #24 of 39
The gear will come together, just need to not screw my arm up again for a year or so. Thanks for the thoughts. Nothing against tuners, I have owned a few of each type and the smaller engines dont usually hold up to my lead foot.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #25 of 39
My Viper SRT10 retrofitted with a stock-tuned '86 Corolla engine, winter rims and bedsprings for suspension doesn't get a look and yet here we are, two pages in on a Dodge Spirit? What!

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

I dont remember mentioning anything about what was faster? I did mention that if you want something to beat on then an 8 will out last a meth-head four banger. Last time I looked that car was a four door luxury car too. Not exactly lighter than a Stang. Calm down fanboy.

You consider a dodge spirit a luxury car? And you think it weighs a lot? Hahahaha. You are hilarious.

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #30 of 39
@cash68
I'll call you hard headed.
*quickly hides in the corner after realizing what I've done*
C'mon guys, stop with this nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back