Some quick Impressions of the D2000's from a basshead
Aug 14, 2010 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

anirudh0802

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I went into magnolia audio and video to see if they had any good headphones that I could try out. They had the D2000's and D5000's. And the had Senn 585's.

I tried the D2000's for about a half hour and was both let down and surprised. First and foremost, I plugged them into a macbook, and was playing various iTunes songs.

the classical music was REALLY crisp in every way, jazz was just perfect, electro was alright. Now where I had the issue (obviously) was that the bass was not that great.

I mean, it was not IMPACTFUL. Yes the bass was very silky smooth but I didn't get the oomph that I thought I was going to get after reading the reviews on here. Maybe because I didn't use an amp or maybe because they were brand new, I don't know...

I tried various songs like "lollipop" (had the most shaking bass), "your love" (disgustingly horrid, worse than my stock ipod earbuds), drake's "over" and "forever" were not that bad though. 

Anyways, this is my 2 cents...

Edit: I did not try the 5000 because one of the employee's said that the frequency was the same so all it does is that it gives more "clear" highs and mids... *sigh* And also, they only give 5% discount on MSRP! hah

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 5
Just tried it on my pc's onboard output and it does have less bass compared to amplification. Not that it'll make them basshead cans but it does have an effect. And no D5000 doesn't have the same frequency response. Similar, but not the same. D5000 clearly has more bass as shown, which also explains the markl mod many D5000 owners have done.

graphCompare.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back