some people who post their so called ''advice'' are working for headphones companys
Feb 10, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #33 of 34
double-blind tests are crap.  All they prove is that people have trouble distinguishing differences on the spur of the moment (Duh!).  You have to live with equipment for awhile, discover how it does with your particular music preferences, headphones, listening tastes, etc.

That doesn't account for supposedly "obvious" differences. Also, you're allowed to take all the time you need, there's no limit. DBTs are certainly a lot more valuable than subjective impressions (which often happen to be contradictory).

Thanks.  I spent 30 seconds looking at that site.  I didn't waste my time to even create a bookmark for it.

That's entirely your loss. That's where the inventors and developers of many technologies (like FLAC, LAME, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, ReplayGain, foobar2000) come to discuss all things audio. They know a hell of a lot more than anyone on Head-Fi, and you would learn a lot from them.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #34 of 34
I might close this one up as it is going to go madly off topic in short order. The thread title is: 

some people who post their so called ''advice'' are working for headphones companys

Given that people who DO work for headphone companies are tagged with their business name and everyone gets a welcome message on registration asking them to tell us if they do work for one (or any other audio-related company) so we can make sure they understand the rules and behave with propriety. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back