Some New Sennheiser Phones: The Ninety-Five Line
Aug 2, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #48 of 64
Sorry to posting old thread, but I have to praise these PMX95. Wonderful for metal music. Easily best among my lightweight portables, others being senn's px-100ii and Koss porta pro. Px-100ii have veiled mids and highs, koss cannot keep up with blastbeat drums, pmx95 have neither issues. Bass heavy EDM lacks bass, but anything melodic music will shine. These probably discontinued by manufacturer, because haven't seen them on sale anymore. Bought last pair from some webshop here last year.

Aug 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #49 of 64
Yeah, these have all come and gone w/o much fanfare. I do at times wonder what Senn is thinking with naming. Decimals now. Why are you going to decimals? CX300 to CX3.00 and you don't expect some confusion or people thinking them as something old or repetitive. A newer and a bit better product and you give them 95 in the names. Joe public thinks they are a downgrade or they would be named PX105 or PX115. Not rocket science regards quality perception and differentiation. No wonder why these didn't seem to catch on as much as they might have :frowning2: 

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #50 of 64
Eagerly await a pair of PMX95s that I bought from germany on Ebay, since they can't be found basically anywhere else. As a fan of clip ons and behind the neck styles, I'm hoping the PMX95 will do me right. I loved the PX100-II sound (but way too clampy), and I'm a long time fan of the KSC75 and KSC35/Sportapros. If it's anything like any of these (as I hear it is), then I'll be happy. I'm on the trend of downgrading and settling for much less, so here's hoping I can live with the PMX95.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #51 of 64
My PMX95 came in.

WHY ARE THESE DISCONTINUED?

These have easily climbed to be my favorite portable headphones ever. And I do think these do have PX100-II drivers, but clamp differences cause them to be a little more balanced, perhaps other psychoacoustics may add to the difference.

It's super comfy, sounds fleshy and dynamic, and is relatively inexpensive.

I suggest anyone looking for a fantastic portable open ear, to get on EBay and snatch these up before they're gone. They're worth it.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #52 of 64
They never believed me:) Took your last two posts to break 50.

They probably won't buy the Monoprice on-ears either. Their loss.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #53 of 64
The PX95 were (they still exist, actually) the first "decent" headphones I got. The change between my previous earphones and PX95 was mind-blowing. I couldn't believe what I was listening. Full of details I never heard before.

They were perfect with my iTouch 5, specially with the rock and electronic presets. With my Fiio X3 2nd gen, though, it has been taking a while to find a good EQ for the PX95 to show their potential. So far, they do better with X3 2nd in flat EQ.

PX95 are amazing for their price. Comfortable and durable. I've had them for three years already and they haven't had any issues with the cord. I prefer using them in winter (headphones and earmuffs at the same time 
beyersmile.png
 ).

Love the, will treasure them forever. And will always thank them for raising my headphones standards.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #54 of 64
I picked these PX95s up from a daily deal site for 20 Kiwi pesos delivered, as I wanted to dip my toe in the open 'phone water. Expectations were low, but higher after reading the Head-Fi reviews and frankly the SQ blew me away. Not to mention the comfort, so light and they're the only cans I don't have to wipe down after use. More dynamic when amped vs my phone for my money. Good bass response and ideal for non critical listening, if not for those around you. The cord could be longer for home use, and they look a touch fragile so I bought another pair.

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #55 of 64
I picked these PX95s up from a daily deal site for 20 Kiwi pesos delivered, as I wanted to dip my toe in the open 'phone water. Expectations were low, but higher after reading the Head-Fi reviews and frankly the SQ blew me away. Not to mention the comfort, so light and they're the only cans I don't have to wipe down after use. More dynamic when amped vs my phone for my money. Good bass response and ideal for non critical listening, if not for those around you. The cord could be longer for home use, and they look a touch fragile so I bought another pair.

Ditto. The PX95s appear to be being dumped in NZ currently, I bought 2x pair delivered for around NZ$30 (US $21). Boxed, they look to be genuine Sennheisers. Sonically very close to my Grad SR60s, but with a lot more bottom end. As far as bang for buck goes -at this price? Gold.

Apr 30, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #56 of 64
Ditto. The PX95s appear to be being dumped in NZ currently, I bought 2x pair delivered for around NZ$30 (US $21). Boxed, they look to be genuine Sennheisers. Sonically very close to my Grad SR60s, but with a lot more bottom end. As far as bang for buck goes -at this price? Gold.

Nice one bro. I haven't used mine much lately, but they have pride of place, ready for watching tv. Comfort is out of this world. I've had some comfy cans in my time, ATH PRO700MK2 not included, but the little Sennys take the biscuit. My Denon AH-D600 are magically comfortable for big cans, but the GF has hidden them on account of unpaid rent. At the end of the day the PX95 is a little slow and thick, with limited soundstage height or depth, but as I said to a mate of mine, if I only had these 'phones for the rest of my life, I wouldn't be too unhappy.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #60 of 64
Yeah I got onto that too. I thought the last two pair I got from 1-day were great value at $18 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back