Some New Sennheiser Phones: The Ninety-Five Line
Jul 18, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #61 of 64
Hey guys, I don't know if this requires a separate post, but I'm very interested in the PX 95 but am done buying cans with super flimsy cables. I went through 6 pairs of px100 and if I am getting the 95s, I will need to find a way to reinforce the cable immediately. Is this possible? Any pointers much appreciated!

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #62 of 64
May I know why do you need to reinforced the cable?
I find PX95 cable to be much better than the PX100...it looked more to me as a reinforced cable by itself.

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #63 of 64
May I know why do you need to reinforced the cable?
I find PX95 cable to be much better than the PX100...it looked more to me as a reinforced cable by itself.

Like I said, I went through six PX100s. On ever one of them the cable got damaged at the plug, the drivers, or the cable would snag between the hinges en get damaged that way. I even asked someone to repair them for me but it was just not worth it as after a few weeks the connection would come loose again. These are not 'disposable' headphones. I expect a pair to work under normal cirumstances for at least a year. Good to know the 95 cable is better in your estimation.

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #64 of 64
Sorry for using this old threat: Could any friendly soul help me to get a PMX 95 or equivalent?

I definitively want:
a) neckband,
b) open and non-isolating, i.e. I want to hear my family, when they talk to me,
c) as light and unobtrusive/comfortable as is possible (in this aspect my Philips SHS390 was/is the champion),
d) very best sound quality possible under restrictions a), b) c)

If someone wants to be so kind to recommend an alternative, then please: a), b), c), d) are a must. All four! What doesn't matter is:
d) price
e) cable or bluetooth

I've been searching the PMX 95 worldwide, but I had no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back