Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research
Nov 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #572 of 718
  sand is used for CPUs. therefore,
randomly spread sand on wires= micro computer!!!

Okay, that is a good start.  But you have to look deeper.

Random application allows sand particles to align themselves with all the various energy fields of the universe science doesn't yet understand.  Resulting in naturally occurring quantum level and beyond micro-computers.   One needs to jiggle or let us say dither the final placement in one's own system by applying a signal for 7 days to allow final microscopic positioning of the damping matrix in your location.  If you move the component you may experience a degraded experience until micro re-positioning has occurred in the new orientation. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #573 of 718
I don't think that Ted Denney will mind me posting the PM below in it's entirety as he raises some very interesting points. Namely, that the HOT appears to be very headphone and equipment specific, which is something that potential purchasers should be aware of. Also, only certain headphone cables would appear to be compatible too, so this is another factor that should be accounted for.

Kudos to Ted for trying to extend the returns period, as he didn't known that it's already expired.

smial1966 I am not sure why the interaction of HOT in your system is muddling the sound but it is puzzling . I notice you listed the HD650 headphones in your report which to my ear, are a bit closed in sounding when compared directly to the headphones we used to voice HOT? Perhaps the HOT along with your electronics which I have not heard could be a less than synergistic combination? I also notice you have aftermarket headphone cables that I am not familiar with. Could it be your aftermarket headphone cables have a 'warming' effect on the sound which may not be compatible with the sonic signature of HOT? Perhaps you can try the HOT with the stock cables and see if this helps the situation out.

If you let me know which state side dealer you purchased your HOT from I will see to it personally that you are given enough time to experiment with HOT so that if you miss the window by a few days or even one week you will still get a full refund. I am also available to you should you want to discuss particular HOT to system / headphone interactions in Private Messages.

All the best,
Ted Denney
Lead Designer, Synergistic Research Inc

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #575 of 718
everyone quickly run out and buy a tice clock

I didn't know about that marvelous creation, thanks. it seems like I still have a lot to learn about audio.
the "if you can't hear the improvement then you don't have a golden ear" claim is magnificent. I really appreciate such creativity on the marketing side.

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #576 of 718
I don't think that Ted Denney will mind me posting the PM below in it's entirety as he raises some very interesting points. Namely, that the HOT appears to be very headphone and equipment specific, which is something that potential purchasers should be aware of. Also, only certain headphone cables would appear to be compatible too, so this is another factor that should be accounted for.

Kudos to Ted for trying to extend the returns period, as he didn't known that it's already expired.

smial1966 I am not sure why the interaction of HOT in your system is muddling the sound but it is puzzling . I notice you listed the HD650 headphones in your report which to my ear, are a bit closed in sounding when compared directly to the headphones we used to voice HOT? Perhaps the HOT along with your electronics which I have not heard could be a less than synergistic combination? I also notice you have aftermarket headphone cables that I am not familiar with. Could it be your aftermarket headphone cables have a 'warming' effect on the sound which may not be compatible with the sonic signature of HOT? Perhaps you can try the HOT with the stock cables and see if this helps the situation out.

If you let me know which state side dealer you purchased your HOT from I will see to it personally that you are given enough time to experiment with HOT so that if you miss the window by a few days or even one week you will still get a full refund. I am also available to you should you want to discuss particular HOT to system / headphone interactions in Private Messages.

All the best,
Ted Denney
Lead Designer, Synergistic Research Inc

So by inference the HOT works best with the headphones that his device was voiced with ie hd800 and the lcd3 and with their cable provided?

And what user instructions literature is provided with the HOT (if you recall) ie is there mention of a 7day optimal run in etc?

I think if these points were advised by Synergistic Research with the HOT device it maybe could elevate any ambiguity on correct suitability/correct application which maybe is a little unclear at present?

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #577 of 718
So by inference the HOT works best with the headphones that his device was voiced with ie hd800 and the lcd3 and with their cable provided?

If its uses are so limited, it makes me wonder how they can stand by this statement on the product page:

When HOT is used with your favorite cans you hear sound that gets out of your head as well as smoother more articulate highs with improved bass.

Should they amend this to include "(but only if your favorite cans sound like the HD800 or LCD-3 with the amps and cables we used)"?

Isn't the LCD-3 as dark i.e. "closed in" as the HD650?

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #578 of 718
And what user instructions literature is provided with the HOT (if you recall) ie is there mention of a 7day optimal run in etc?

Unless he removed it, the HOT unit I received from him didn't include any documentation. Just a box, some white synthetic cotton packing material and a white rubber band. And the HOT of course.

se

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #579 of 718
If its uses are so limited, it makes me wonder how they can stand by this statement on the product page:

Should they amend this is include "(but only if your favorite cans sound like the HD800 or LCD-3 with the amps and cables we used)"?

Isn't the LCD-3 as dark i.e. "closed in" as the HD650?

Maybe they should totally amend their advice if that's required as is possibly suggested by them in PM to smial1966?

I honestly know nothing about LCD-3 or HD650's but I do own the Sennheiser HD800's though.

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #580 of 718
Steve,

You received exactly what I did. A box, packaging material and the HOT.

Perhaps the White rubber band needs to be deployed in the listening chain to experience audio nirvana?

Unless he removed it, the HOT unit I received from him didn't include any documentation. Just a box, some white synthetic cotton packing material and a white rubber band. And the HOT of course.

se

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #581 of 718

se

Thank you for clarifying :)

I'm actually surprised that this HOT device does possibly not include instructions as such suggests this is a simple universal product yet Syn Res's recent PM to smial1966 seems to suggest otherwise.

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #584 of 718
I certainly hope not. It broke when I was putting it back on before packing it up and sending it out to my friend.
biggrin.gif

se

Well great, you've just invalidated all the measurements
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back