1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by alvin sawdust, Oct 29, 2014.
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
  1. gikigill
    Let it go mate, its a very poor analogy.

Not worth wasting our time on.

Brooko, bfreedma and Xenophon like this.
  2. Billheiser
    I think you can disagree with him, as strongly as you wish, but I don't think it's bigotry at all for him to make the statement. I think claims about the supernatural are apt examples of where the "burden of proof" lies - it is with the claimant not the skeptic.
    You may say that his statement was too general, and you might be right. But the burden of proof is correctly placed with the religious.
    Naturally there are many reasons people have faith, and many of those reasons are not related to claims & evidence, but tied to tradition, etc

shigzeo likes this.
  3. Brooko Contributor
    Look up the definition of bigotry

"intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself"

He uses the example of religion to compare to something that we all know is placebo (HOT).

Direct inference = religion (or someone's faith) is therefore also placebo / fakery / call if what you will.

He didn't need to make that sort of comparison.  It was made intentionally.

shigzeo, nick n and Claritas like this.
  4. Brooko Contributor
    Suggest we comment no further on this.  I asked Amos to have a look at removing the post and all subsequent posts.  I apologise - as it's what I should have done originally rather than commenting.

Then you guys can go back to dissecting the HOT.

5. SilentFrequency

:)

6. Music Alchemist

*pfft* Billion dollars? How 'bout infinity dollars? (Complete with irrefutable screenshot proof! But seriously, that link is one of the funniest I've seen, and I'm sure plenty people here would get a good laugh out of it.)

7. SilentFrequency

Money is the root of all evil? :)

8. dhruvmeena96
    OK sir...
    I am a military scientist by profession

And that claims by company and links are indeed correct, but then I think the application was completely wrong..
    It mentions electrodes first

And it is being used for increasing the current in batteries for past 10years .Even if we think, that this thing works(which it doesnt at all)...it will just add straight up DC. But then there is no chemical, plus feeding a fuel less non electrode cell means cutting off high frequency.... But then it will not work as the wire used a pretty normal and doesnt have specific discharge rate..

Its a capacitor which doesnt even act like a capacitor and silicon oxide is doing nothing. And if it works,

Condition 1(deadly): if it works like electric booster, it will add DC offset.

Condition 2(weird): if it works, it just is a low pass at high frequency, which by other people review, just doesnt make sense as, they claim that it is adding air.

Thats more snake oil than needed.. I think its not even snake oil....its a imaginative inter galactic snake oil feeded.

When two electrodes are placed in a battery like structure with silicon dioxide, it breaks up into silicon, and oxide and increases the surface area inside battery which gives us a large amount current draw...but is then limited by electrode...thats why we need graphene and CNT or sulphur.

If we believe its a parallel filter and the member gave the ACS link explaining silicon oxide...then its a battery which gets charging and discharging quick(like a battery and capacitor hybrid).

If the theory....if it works
    This can have serious consequence, as it means, they take the DC from signal with low pass action and then add the DC back at an offset.

Which again, what I am saying sounds weird...

This happens when we explain snake oil to the finest.

Here is an advice
    Hope you get it....(well, military cannot live with snake oils, or we would loose the war, if it happens)

Just add a ferrite bead and be happy for god sake....that will work better. Make the wire go round and round...

And do check ferrite bead formula for inductance and how to coil it, its alloy and its inductance effected by length (bead length) and the way coiling makes the low pass steeper.

This would help the company on a long run...

Be happy
    Avoid situation causing debates

And make good product at good prices

And be happy..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  9. colonelkernel8
    I'm glad you dug up this thread to post bull.

10. bigshot
    One thing I noticed after getting banned for my photographic contribution to this thread was that if you typed the name of the company into Google, this thread came up. I found that a lot of keywords led back to posts in sound science. We may be the source of a lot of Head-Fi's search engine traffic.

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  11. dhruvmeena96
    I was only giving suggestion to company on how to approach the issue... A parallel cap and a series inductor are kinda same(low pass).

And a ferrite bead is psuedo inductor when the main wire is wrapped around, doing the low pass plus, the ferrite bead will also protect the cable from emf and rf.

This is actual cleaning.

Did I post something bull???(I think I am taking it in a wrong way)

Thats also good... Headfi getting traffic.....lol

12. Speedskater
    No, you posted about how science works in our Universe, not how it works in their universe.

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  13. dhruvmeena96
    Sorry

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now I am confused...

So... There are multiple universe
    I didn't know about that

Sorry for bad English

First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47