Some help please? Stax Lambda related.
Jun 12, 2011 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GiovanniP

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm sitting here with some unusable lambdas as a result of a failed attempt to restore them.
The cable that came with them was doing a lot of noises, it was in really bad shape.
I got some 600v rated pure copper cable for them, cut it in 6 parts and stranded them (is that the correct word?) then placed them in some heat shrinking tubing (you know, the one specially made for cables) and soldered the old male connector at the end, the worked fine, but still had some noise because of the connector, so I tried to disassemble it but instead ended up destroying it (I now know it is molded like that.)
So I wanted to ask you (I already searched, I promise) where I can get some connector for it? I already looked for the part number I found on a another thread, the one they called the six pin microphone cable, but wasn't able to find it in any loca shop, Mouser doesn't carry it either.
If there is not any part available, does anyone know a diy way to make one? I found one for the female connector using the search function again, but not for the male connector.
If there is already a thread about this then I'm really sorry, I just wan't able to find it.

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 3
Can you order from allied electronics? I think that should do it, good luck.

Another pricey way would be to murder one of those extension cables.

Really odd for the cable to causing noise like that, I would have thought it would be dust or something like that on the drivers.

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks a lot, that should do it.
I also thought they were the drivers after reading some about that in this forum, so I switched the left driver cables to the right driver and viceversa, the problem switched sides, but I also did another thing, I wanted to remove the mineral wool from other lambdas I own, so while they were disassembled I desoldered the cable and tried it on the other drivers, there was no problem anymore, that's how I discovered it was the cable (fortunately, I rather get another cable than the the pair of drivers).
I own an extension cable, but didn't wanted to murder it, so I first decided to ask.
Thank you very much for that website, otherwise I would have to be looking for a replacement cable on the FS forum, but I already shelled out for the cable I manufactured, and already had a hard time hand twisting it (It was really hard, that cable is tough).
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back