Some good headphones with mic?
Oct 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

h1a8

500+ Head-Fier
Hi I been away awhile.
I have good IEMs and good over the ear at home full size cans.
Now I'm looking for ON THE EAR (or smaller over the ear) headphones that have a mic for phone use.

So far I see the Monster Ntune and Klipsch image one
I heard both and I like them both (ntune a little more though)

So are there any others I should consider and research?

I listen to r&b, very little hip hop, some jazz, some rock, pop, techno (Kraftwerk mostly),

I value midrange more than anything, then comes soundstage, then comes bass, then comes treble

I like comfort as well, but don't care for durability (it can be cheap plastic for all I care).

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Well I would recommend either the Sennheiser MM 400-X or the MM 450-X which are more expensive, although the MM 400-X work great and has really good noise cancellation.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphone-comparison

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
V-Moda M80.  In the 150-200 dollar bracket, I don't think they can be beat.

Thanks! Can you comment on their midrange (forward, recessed, balanced, clean, veiled...)
and
can you comment on their bass (compared to denon d2000, klipsch image one, ath ad900, or sony v6 if you heard any of them)
and
can you comment on their soundstage.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Thanks! Can you comment on their midrange (forward, recessed, balanced, clean, veiled...)
and
can you comment on their bass (compared to denon d2000, klipsch image one, ath ad900, or sony v6 if you heard any of them)
and
can you comment on their soundstage.

I'm no professional, I just know good sound when I hear it.  I suggest hitting up the M80 thread (there's a huge one) with tons of info and comparisons.  I haven't heard any of the headphones you mentioned (although I actually have a set of V6s coming in the mail today ironically), so I'll be able to do some comparisons there.

If I was to comment on the midrange, I'd says it's pretty balanced (maybe ever so slightly recessed).  Bass wise, they are just awesome for a set of on-ear headphones.  They really can go pretty low and they are fast and responsive on the low end, even coming directly out of an iPod Touch 5th Gen which I just got last week.  Prior to that I was using a 3rd gen touch and it sounds about the same.  Just a fantastic product that is durable and comes with a ton of "extras".  For the price, I believe they are tough to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back