SOLVED!!! Audio-gd NFB-12 stuttering problem
Mar 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BLKMeSa

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Hope someone here can help me.  I have some Beyer DT-880 250 ohms and bought a Audio-gd NFB 12 amp/dac.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate, and have connected the NFB-12 via USB to my PC.

What an amazing setup when it's working correctly!  But the sound is just NOT consistent!  There is major stuttering in absolutely all applications.  Winamp, Foobar, Windows Media Player, VLC, etc. all have issues.  The stuttering issue even occurs during Counter-Strike Source and essentially makes the game unplayable.  At times, the sound will just cut out completely.  Then it may return and run smoothly and sound great again.

I just installed it originally with Microsoft's default USB driver shown in the attachment.

Is there an updated one I can use?  Is this a faulty unit?  This is killing me as the sound is horrible and makes everything stutter!

Much appreciated,

BLK MeSa

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 5
Guess what people?

Finally fixed this myself, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the NFB-12!  The problem was with a conflict of drivers (I tried using the onboard Realtek soundcard to output to some speakers and only turn it on when I needed it and this caused some massive issues).

I fixed the conflict and all is well now (I will use the NFB to output to my speakers somehow now). 

Hopefully I didn't turn anyone off of this DAC/AMP because it is truly a BEAST.

Music/gaming/Movies are incredible now paired with my DT880s.

AMAZING!

^BLK MeSa

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Hmm I used to have this problem and it turned out my graphics card was running at a lower bus speed (PCIE x8 instead of x16). Took me a while to figure that out. Glad you fixed the problem. The NFB-12 is a very good dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back