*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Oct 1, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #241 of 302
If these were your main home headphones I'd switch the cable, but for portable use and for just enjoying the music instead of analyzing it, the shorter 4 ft stock cable might make more sense.

I have HD600 and HD650 cables laying around and haven't bothered to install and try them. I have other nicer headphones I can listen to, and it would make the HD25-1 less portable as I see it.

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #244 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If these were your main home headphones I'd switch the cable, but for portable use and for just enjoying the music instead of analyzing it, the shorter 4 ft stock cable might make more sense.

I have HD600 and HD650 cables laying around and haven't bothered to install and try them. I have other nicer headphones I can listen to, and it would make the HD25-1 less portable as I see it.

I feel the same way. I have a 580/650 cable but putting these on the hd25s will make it less portable.

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #245 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel the same way. I have a 580/650 cable but putting these on the hd25s will make it less portable.

Ill take it if you dont want it.
cool.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #246 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll be shortening my HD650 cables and reterminating it to 1/8". The difference between the cables is worth it to me. If you're happy with the stock steel cable, great. Save you some time and money. As long as you're happy with what you're hearing, that's all matters.

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #247 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be shortening my HD650 cables and reterminating it to 1/8". The difference between the cables is worth it to me.

Do you know the approximate cost to get this done? If the price is reasonable I'd be interested.

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #250 of 302
Quote:

Do you know the approximate cost to get this done? If the price is reasonable I'd be interested.

Well, I can always use my 1.2 meter Moon Audio Cryo-treated Black Dragon cable with 1/8" plug on the HD25, and put the stock HD600 or HD650 cable back on the HD600's
cool.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #252 of 302
Quote:

The 1/8" plug will cost about $5 or so. I'm looking at this:
http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp...&search=0&off=
Don't know how much they charge for shipping. Shop around.

You need some basic tools (wire stripper, soldering gun, solder) and a bit of time (15-20 minutes or so). That's pretty much it.

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #254 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone make HD 25-1 specific cables? That is, the left channel after the y-split is longer than the right channel.

I don't know of anybody that makes them, but you could maybe ask someone to custom make you one... but the groove in the headband that the cable fits into is quite narrow, and higher quality cables will probably be thicker than stock.

Oct 1, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #255 of 302
Received my HD25-1 II today -- As expected, it is the right model. I know it is a stupid question, but anyone can tell me how to rotate the cup (I am thinking of upgrading the cable)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back