*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #211 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok all you guys that jumped on this bandwagon. some of you will decide that these are just not your cuppa tea. when that happens please email me and let's work out a sale or a trade. thanks.
biggrin.gif

x2 here too

unless stock comes in soon and my impulse finger buys first lol

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #213 of 302
Goodluck in finding the phones everyone. I'm really digging them for hip-hop, house, and electronic based music so far. Also Acoustic guitar sounds really nice.

I ordered an OFC cable and I've been burning them in since I got them but since I do prefer cans with a soundstage I might end up selling them after a couple weeks. If I do I'll will PM people who asked.

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #214 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goodluck in finding the phones everyone. I'm really digging them for hip-hop, house, and electronic based music so far. Also Acoustic guitar sounds really nice.

I ordered an OFC cable and I've been burning them in since I got them but since I do prefer cans with a soundstage I might end up selling them after a couple weeks. If I do I'll will PM people who asked.

I would be interested too...do let me know.

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #215 of 302
Quote:

I also maybe.

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #217 of 302
Quote:

yes, please see my post (3 prior to yours, as well as prior to the follow ups to yours
wink.gif
). which cable are you trying with it? any impressions yet?

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #218 of 302
Looks like mine arrived in secaucus at 7AM today, but haven't left there yet. I thought they might arrive today, but no luck.

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #219 of 302
Mine Arrived Today. I have only had a few minutes to listen so far, but so far so good. Here are my "immediate impressions".

1) They sound as good as my Beyer DT231 (which were only $59 shipped)

2) They sound very similar as well - sound signature is almost identical in fact (to me this is a good thing)

3) The HD25-1 II did come with the extra velour pads and foam, a 1/4 adapter and a headphone sack, the DT231 come with the 1/4 inch adapter.

4) The HD25-1 II are heavier and have a heavier clamping force on the head, so they are not as comfortable as my DT231.

5) The Beyer are circumaural vs supra-aural, but the cups are too small to fit completely around my ears but it isn't uncomfortable.

6) The main advantage is the HD25-1 II isolate external noises more than the DT231

7) The second advantage of the HD25-1 are they are slightly more efficient, so 50% on ipod volume = 60% on the DT231

8) The third advantage of the HD25-1 is the ability to upgrade the cable to upgrade the sound, while the DT231 are what they are.

So, for the same sound signature, if you have to save money (half the cost, or want lighter weight/clamping, and less isolation) get the DT231. But, if you need more sound isolation and want to upgrade cables and sound later, then get the HD25-1.

Either way, the sound signature is pleasing, while not as detailed as my HD600 or HFI700 DVD. Both the HD25-1 and DT231 are much more efficient than an HD600 which need 100% volume vs 40-50%.

Compaired to open-back portable headphones, they also have more extended frequency range vs the PX100 which sound dark, and don't have any grating upper mids like the iGrado have with some program material.

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #223 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine will sound better because I paid more for them...
tongue.gif

Is that not what happens with most of the crap here?

I'm sad I didn't jump on these. Would make a nice ultraportable setup if I didn't feel like using IEM's.

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #224 of 302
My order just shipped today from US, and it will be in my hands 4 weeks from now. Heh, I even paid $200 so it should better & ship faster.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #225 of 302
They're here! Bass is less than with my SP's. As with the SP's, I get better separation using my MDR-V150 pleather pads than with either pair of stock pads(comfort is slightly less though) and cymbals sound slightly better. Clamping pressure isn't really that bad compared to what everyone says, but I have a small head. I have a few other observations, but I'll wait till I listen to a few more albums to decide whether I'm right about them.

edit: Also, how much burn-in do you guys think these need?

edit: I'm sold. They're great; already noticed a few details in a few songs I never noticed before, even with my er6i's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back