*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 26, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #196 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now i don't take Blessingx's comments as a any kind of 'reference' anyways, because i din't agree at all with his earlier review
smily_headphones1.gif

Why he decided to rebuy them is beyond me
rolleyes.gif

Whew. I was worried my no-one-else-has-answered-the-questions-so-I'll-give-my-fuzzy-memory-750- and-T1 comments might be considered reference. As an addendum they're not quite HE90s or K1000s either.

And apologies in my reordering. Since you read my posts you already know why I reordered them, but please try to relax when you go to sleep tonight, as it wasn't done in malice to you.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #200 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by saldie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Canada and ordered them from here,

http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...r/p693760.html

I ordered them on Monday, and today I get an e-mail saying they are out of stock. The web site still shows them as being in stock.
Anyone ever deal with these guys?

I guess PeterDLai was correct in warning that these guys were an unknown. I am sorry to hear of it for you, regardless.

I, too, am a little disappointed at only catching this thread this afternoon - and it was too late. The HD25's are the phones I've been wanting to buy the most right now and this was obviously both a killer deal and the real deal.
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #201 of 302
The punks should have at least counted their stock before taking so many orders. I am pissed.

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #203 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound quite nice actually even with the stock steel cable. Definitely on the brighter side but again they haven't been burnt in at all. I like their sound signature. Balanced, nice mids, treble a tad on the brighter side but still nice and good bass. I can't wait to change the cable, burn these in and hook them up with the corda move !

Comfort wise, they do clamp tightly. I haven't switched to the velor pads yet.

These are initial right-out-of-the-box impressions.

Interesting. My initial out of the box impressions are a bit different. I find them to sound bright only because of the mids. I personally find the mids to be a bit lacking. They lack the Sennheiser warmth and presence that I've become accustomed to. The bass extends fairly deep with a decent rumble. I actually find the bass to be a bit overpowering at times.

The comfort is suprisingly decent for a supraural set of phones. They do tend to clamp a bit, but hopefully this'll fix itself in the long run. The velour pads are better than the pleather ones.

The greatest benefit of these phones to me is the isolation. They do a remarkable job of cutting out external high frequencies. I think the biggest drawback is the reduced soundstage and lacking mids.

I'm going to give them a bit of time to burn in before passing a final judgement. So far I think I've only given them 2 hours max.

( Listening tests were done through my Heed CanAmp with comparisons to the HD650s and HD212pros )

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #204 of 302
well now, they come and are indeed the RIGHT ONES! i received them at around 7pm O_O i was worried they wouldnt reach me in time.

all i gotta say so far is that the comfort >>>> akg k81dj. the bass is powerful, and the sound is nice and smooth. strange that the wire comes down from the right earcup, but whatever.

for ~$105 shipped, these things rock my socks and is probably my answer to a cheap portable rig.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #205 of 302
I just impulsively bought these on impulse because it looked like a great deal and I always seem to be late to these things on here. I had my eyes on this headphone ever since Skylab's review however.

Glad I finally got a good deal!

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #206 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today as well. Switched to the velour pads first thing and one of them was the biggest pain in the ass to put on while the other one was cake. My hands freaking hurt now!

I flipped the plastic band inside out, put it on the phones, then flipped it back. Fairly painless.

Also, the phones seem not to stay in place and want to slide all the way to the end of the bars, especially on the right side. Anyone else experiencing this? I put some electrical tape on the bars for now, but I don't want to have that as a permanent fix...

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #209 of 302
It has the soundstage of a Grado and most IEM's. Not ideal for music with many things going on , like an Orchestra, though some people don't mind it that way.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #210 of 302
ok all you guys that jumped on this bandwagon. some of you will decide that these are just not your cuppa tea. when that happens please email me and let's work out a sale or a trade. thanks.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back