*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 26, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #181 of 302
Buy.com has issued a refund for $101.59 to your MASTERCARD xxx-xxxx . Please note that the refund may not appear in your credit card account for several days.
Refund reason: Other (describe below)

Comments from Buy.com: " Buy.com refund per order 35189052"
Order Details - Sep 22, 2007 15:19 GMT-05:00
Google Order #150488593555555 - Buy.com Order #35185555
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 SENNHEISER LITE WGT STUD MONITOR HEADPHN NIC - Marketplace Item -- Shipped by: Twister $102.12
Shipping & Handling (Standard: 3 to 9 business days) : $9.47
Tax (WI) : $0.00
Google Checkout & Buy.com $10 Sign-up Bonus - Bonus may not appear on Buy.com's web site or emails. -$10.00
Total : $101.59
Sep 26 Refund : -$101.59
Why was my refund only $101.59 and not $111.59?
Total charged: $0.00

Check the status of this order anytime in your Google Account.

Have questions about this order? Contact Buy.com

Need help? Visit the Google Checkout help center. Please do not reply to this message.

©2007 Google

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #183 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by reds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lowest I can find from any online retailers is £120
I was going to get a pair tommorrow
but now ....

Sorry, I should have been more clear on that, because what I really meant is I have never seen one under £100. I guess at the time I said "hard pushed" because I had done very little research on the price. However, Dolphin Music do them at £115 with £7 postage, but they're out of stock currently so a lot of use that is. I know £5 difference wouldn't be worth the wait for me
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #184 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just curious about the sound signature, which can be heard by a brief impression. Burning it in is fine, critical listening is fine. But all of that won't change the sound signature.

They sound quite nice actually even with the stock steel cable. Definitely on the brighter side but again they haven't been burnt in at all. I like their sound signature. Balanced, nice mids, treble a tad on the brighter side but still nice and good bass. I can't wait to change the cable, burn these in and hook them up with the corda move !

Comfort wise, they do clamp tightly. I haven't switched to the velor pads yet.

These are initial right-out-of-the-box impressions.

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #185 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I should have been more clear on that, because what I really meant is I have never seen one under £100. I guess at the time I said "hard pushed" because I had done very little research on the price. However, Dolphin Music do them at £115 with £7 postage, but they're out of stock currently so a lot of use that is. I know £5 difference wouldn't be worth the wait for me
tongue.gif

I meant £120 including postage
By the way do you know if the hd25 on dolphin music is the version that comes with case and velour pad??

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #187 of 302
So... they're refunding money for the orders they can't fulfill?

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #188 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by reds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant £120 including postage
By the way do you know if the hd25 on dolphin music is the version that comes with case and velour pad??

I cannot be certain but as far as I am aware the Mark II always comes with those as specified on the Sennheiser site.

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #189 of 302
Luckily, my order was already on the way (even though it takes some time)

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #190 of 302
I got mine today as well. Switched to the velour pads first thing and one of them was the biggest pain in the ass to put on while the other one was cake. My hands freaking hurt now!

I really want to get a new cable but these phones don't sound bad at all with the steel cable IMO. One thing I just noticed though is on the right headphone where there is supposed to be two screws holding down this little clip that holds the wire in place there is only one screw. Probably just a mistake and doesn't really affect anything but I feel like I should find another screw.

Initially I like the sound. It's a lot smoother than my ES7 but the separation isn't as nice and there is no soundstage whatsoever.

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #191 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Initially I like the sound. It's a lot smoother than my ES7 but the separation isn't as nice and there is no soundstage whatsoever.

Yeah a few years ago these were regularly called the "closed Grados" around here. No soundstage.
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #193 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From your comments, I don't see why these are better than the ES7.
confused.gif

Now i don't take Blessingx's comments as a any kind of 'reference' anyways, because i din't agree at all with his earlier review
smily_headphones1.gif

Why he decided to rebuy them is beyond me
rolleyes.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #194 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From your comments, I don't see why these are better than the ES7.
confused.gif

There were other posts, that I remember, favoring ES7 over HD25-1.

Sep 26, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #195 of 302
People are entitled to their own opinions. At the end of the day, it comes down to what your ears like. I purchased the ES7 a while ago. They were so pretty with the mirror finish but I sold them off promptly. They weren't comfortable and didn't provide isolation. Not a good combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back