SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Aug 12, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #346 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
I wonder if we can also place a label on the table near a pile of gear so we know who something belongs to? That way if someone wants to know about borrowing/moving something it's readily apparent who it belongs to.

I would have no problem with that. One table has a glass top and the other is made out of wood. Feel free to label your "station" with painters tape. As long as you feel secure your stuff will be identified as yours then I am happy.
biggrin.gif

The countdown continues.......

rs1smile.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #347 of 391
this will be my first head-fi meet so I was curious if anyone else would be bringing gear with the intent of possibly trading/selling it? I mean my main goal is to meet fellow head-fi'ers and listen to tons of gear, but I was just curious if this is acceptable to assume trading may occur....

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #348 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivandal
this will be my first head-fi meet so I was curious if anyone else would be bringing gear with the intent of possibly trading/selling it? I mean my main goal is to meet fellow head-fi'ers and listen to tons of gear, but I was just curious if this is acceptable to assume trading may occur....

Well, as long as you don't harass people about it, it would be fine by me.

Just about everything is for sale.

For the right price.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #349 of 391
Don't know about the trading/selling but I have no problem with you guys doing that. If anyone disagrees then please comment.

QUICK UPDATE:
I have just returned from Ultimate Ears here in Irvine. Mike Dias and the rest of the people there have gratiously lent us a pair of UE-10's and UE-5C's as well as some Super.fi Pros for us to try out at the meet tomorrow.

I am sure there are many of you who were curious about these so wait no more....tomorrow you can listen to them.
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #351 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by third_eye
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but what is the address for tomorrow?

You will be PM'd the information.

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #353 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Well, as long as you don't harass people about it, it would be fine by me.

Just about everything is for sale.

For the right price.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oh yeah totally, no harassment. I'm just talking about something like throwing a note on the cable of the 880s saying something like "interested in these? talk to kyle"
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #354 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
QUICK UPDATE:
I have just returned from Ultimate Ears here in Irvine. Mike Dias and the rest of the people there have gratiously lent us a pair of UE-10's and UE-5C's as well as some Super.fi Pros for us to try out at the meet tomorrow.

I am sure there are many of you who were curious about these so wait no more....tomorrow you can listen to them.
biggrin.gif

Does that mean he gave them to you? And if so, does that mean they aren't attending, or only on Sunday?

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #356 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Does that mean he gave them to you? And if so, does that mean they aren't attending, or only on Sunday?

Well, he didn't give them to me in the whole sense of the word.
frown.gif

But I am listening to the 10's right now. Sorry couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif
They sound so damn good. I can't begin to tell you....well....you will get your chance tomorrow.
tongue.gif

Mike Dias lent them to me so that they can be present at the meet from Saturday 'till Sunday when he will come to pick them up. From my understanding, they are showing up as fellow lovers of hi-fi not as Ultimate Ears per se.

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #357 of 391
OK, it looks like I'll definitely be there Sat, but not sure about Sun.

In addition to the stuff I already said I'd bring, I'll lug along the following (bringing a friend, so he can help me carry some stuff
biggrin.gif
):

CI Audio VDA-1
CI Audio VAC-1
PX-100
MX-500
Stock iPod earbuds (in case anyone wants to do a comparison)
Laptop
Airport Express
Brickwall surge protector

If I have time, I'll do the quarter mod on the Senn yellow pads and bring them along for my MS-2.

I'll also try to grab a case of bottled water... anyone interested in some Red Bull?
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #358 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nospam
Stock iPod earbuds (in case anyone wants to do a comparison)

LOL!!!!!
biggrin.gif
rs1smile.gif

As for the water - don't worry about that. Our office is equiped with unlimited cold filtered water. Just add cups (which we also have).
biggrin.gif

Very little time left.....

Aug 13, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #359 of 391
ok.. finally my iAudio X5 has arrived. So I can bring that to the meeting tomorrow. I am planning to bring my panasonic RP-HT355 too, it seems to be a low-end phone but its better than those earbuds that come with X5. I am looking forward to check out shure e4c and UE.5 pro with X5 as I am planning to get one of those. (Shall I contact those who are bringing these?)

Shall I bring my camera so that I can take some pictures?

Unfortunately my schedule is bit hectic this weekend, so I'll only be able to make it on Saturday. And, since I don't have a car, let me figure out the bus to get there.. and, yes I'll also need to borrow some of those paint tape..

see you tomorrow,
-- sushil

Aug 13, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #360 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeseal
ok.. finally my iAudio X5 has arrived. So I can bring that to the meeting tomorrow. I am planning to bring my panasonic RP-HT355 too, it seems to be a low-end phone but its better than those earbuds that come with X5. I am looking forward to check out shure e4c and UE.5 pro with X5 as I am planning to get one of those. (Shall I contact those who are bringing these?)

I don't think you need to contact them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeseal
Shall I bring my camera so that I can take some pictures?

Feel free to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back