SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Aug 13, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #361 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeseal
ok.. finally my iAudio X5 has arrived. So I can bring that to the meeting tomorrow. I am planning to bring my panasonic RP-HT355 too, it seems to be a low-end phone but its better than those earbuds that come with X5. I am looking forward to check out shure e4c and UE.5 pro with X5 as I am planning to get one of those. (Shall I contact those who are bringing these?)

Shall I bring my camera so that I can take some pictures?

Unfortunately my schedule is bit hectic this weekend, so I'll only be able to make it on Saturday. And, since I don't have a car, let me figure out the bus to get there.. and, yes I'll also need to borrow some of those paint tape..

see you tomorrow,
-- sushil

I've got both the E4 and the 5 Pro so just find me...

Where are you coming from?

Aug 13, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #362 of 391
My apologies everyone - here is the correct list of Ultimate Ears equipment I was given:

UE-10's
UE-5C's
Studio 3's

I was NOT given the Super.fi Pro's. However, quite a few people are bringing theirs so there should be no shortage to try out.

Ok. I will keep you posted on the most recent developments.
cool.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #363 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi friends....
I will be coming Friday & leaving Monday, I will be spending three nights over there, any one would like to share a room or suggest the closest hotel to the meet? any input will be appretiated. If there are any coming out of town & would like a place to stay may be we can get together one way or another & have our own mini meet in our hotel rooms. I hate to be alone....
Ray Samuels

It just occurred to me that Ray Samuels should be touching down at John Wayne sometime tonight (if he hasn't already) and he is by himself. Is somebody getting him and/or helping him with his gear? Was he able to find a room?

I have a previously scheduled activity so I'm afraid I cannot volunteer, but I was kind of concerned after reading that post.

Aug 13, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #365 of 391
I am looking for someone who can give me a ride from UCIrvine area to the meeting on saturday. Someone taking the Campus to VonKarman can pick me from the University Center bus stop, and probably drop me back again there
smily_headphones1.gif

- thanks

Aug 13, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #366 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianknewbie
Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I might be able to bring Grover Ultimate Reference II cables if I receive them by then -- Grover has emailed me to indicate that he is making every effort so that I will have it in time for the meet for us all to enjoy!
biggrin.gif

This is a recent review of them:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129048

update: I received them today in the mail, just in time for tomorrow!
evil_smiley.gif

Also, I'm not sure how much they are burned in yet....and how much is useful.....and overall, I'm very much a cable newbie so dont have much reference to compare themto, BUT:
in the < 1 hour llstening so far, am VERY impressed....am curious what everyone else will think tomorrow of them!
icon10.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #367 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeseal
I am looking for someone who can give me a ride from UCIrvine area to the meeting on saturday. Someone taking the Campus to VonKarman can pick me from the University Center bus stop, and probably drop me back again there
smily_headphones1.gif

- thanks

I can give you a ride -- send me a PM.

Aug 13, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #368 of 391
Marking our items with painter's tape is a good idea -- should we plan on bringing our own? Or is it cheap enough and plentiful that can just show up and label everything there?

I don't have any -- and am actually not even sure what it looks like
blink.gif
-- so I am wondering if I should get some before tomorrow.

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #369 of 391
Hey Brian,
I am going to pick some up tonight, but please bring some as well in case we run out. It is relatively cheap. It is usually a blue color and it says Painters Tape on the package.

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #371 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
It just occurred to me that Ray Samuels should be touching down at John Wayne sometime tonight (if he hasn't already) and he is by himself. Is somebody getting him and/or helping him with his gear? Was he able to find a room?

I have a previously scheduled activity so I'm afraid I cannot volunteer, but I was kind of concerned after reading that post.

Ray arrives at 10:20PM, and I'm picking him up. I've also gotten him a room for tonight near the airport. He is looking for roommates for the other nights, however. Anyone? I know some of us will be hanging out after the meet, so chime in here!

Aug 13, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #372 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Arggggh i should have mentioned this earlier, but i'm going to need somewhere to crash Saturday night. Any takers?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ray is looking for a roommate, and I think crazyfrenchman needs a place to stay as well.

Aug 13, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #373 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Ray is looking for a roommate, and I think crazyfrenchman needs a place to stay as well.

Yeah, I didn't even see your post, Sduibek
eek.gif
Get with Ray (and Matt, I reckon) tomorrow and see what you guys can work out.

Aug 13, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #374 of 391
Hi,

I will be having devotional time with my fellowship Sat morning to early afternoon,

I will try to head over to the meet afterwards, My pm box has been cluttered and I usually delete messages over 3 days old and on,

anyhow, I accidentally deleted the directions!

Can someone please send me the directions again via pm?

also Edwood and whoever is conducting the meet can you pm me a contact number, just in case I have any questions or get lost on the way?

Thanks!
Also, I look forward to listening to the after market senn cables, Ill be bring my senn cable version 2, but I just finished making it the night before and have yet to burn them in
eek.gif

They seem to sound to Grado bowl pad like atm, doh!

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #375 of 391
QUICK UPDATE:

I am preety sure Ed PM'd people the information. Please remember that you need a pass key (mine) to get in so you must call me when you arrive. If you need anything please PM me. I will be up until 1:00. Otherwise than that - I will see you at the meet.
cool.gif

- LFF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back