SoCal Meet (Fall/Winter 2004)
Sep 22, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #34 of 58
I was thinking of flying down (from Portland) for the next CA meet since I can fly free anyway. How far is this place from LAX and can you get there on public transportation? I've never been to LA
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #36 of 58
I second that. Public transportation is a BIG no no in southern california. Things are just too far apart. I'm guessing from LAX it'd be a good 40 miles and you can bet no single bus is going there
tongue.gif
Maybe even no bus at all, who knows? The busses in LA, unless privately owned like foothill transit, are in terrible condition - just absolutely filthy. I took a bus to get to school 35 miles away for a summer and it was a horrifying experience. On my worst day, it took me 5 hours to get to school. Needless to say, I missed class that day. The average bus trip for those 35 miles was 3 hours, and that included an express leg of the trip which covered 20 of those 35 miles in 20-30 minutes.

Renting a car would save you much grief. Parking here isn't like in New York or anything like that.

Sep 22, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
public transportation sucks around here. you're a lot better off renting a car if you don't have a ride.

not exactly sure where simi valley is in relation to la though.

I think renting a car would be a bad idea. I'm definately a good driver (on Sunday's anyway) but I get lost too easy. When this gets closer I might see about bribing someone who lives closer to the airport for a ride.

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
I think renting a car would be a bad idea. I'm definately a good driver (on Sunday's anyway) but I get lost too easy. When this gets closer I might see about bribing someone who lives closer to the airport for a ride.

I'd be headed past LAX to make the meet if it's in Simi Valley. I might be able to. I normally would grab Edwood and Iron_Dreamer which would fill my little Echo up with no room to spare. If Edwood will drive himself I could probably grab you.

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #40 of 58
JHenderson010759,

What a coincidence: my company uses RAD Technologies to manufacture our products! (You probably know Andy Smith and Darrell.) Sunday afternoon would be a great time for me. Your office would be great with its large parking lot and big meeting rooms. Thanks for the offer.

To answer Orpheus's question, Pasadena is about 45 minutes away from Simi Valley and the Innovative office, depending on traffic. Edit: LAX is about 45 minutes away as well, and traffic is usually bad around there.

--Andre

Sep 29, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #42 of 58
I live close by LAX (20 mins away), and although it's in the opposite direction from where we're going, i could swing by.

keep the details coming, i'm definitely interested

Sep 29, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #43 of 58
Tim, you decide on a pair of speakers yet? There's no going back once you do, man
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back