SoCal Meet (Fall/Winter 2004)
Aug 20, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 58
I say fall!
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 58
Hope you guys had fun. Having pulled an allnighter to finish a project really sucked.

Well, at least I have enough spare cash to buy a DAC1 if I like how it sounds.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm hoping for a fall meet. If all goes well with getting the condo, I may be able to rent out the clubhouse to host a meet.

-Ed

Aug 23, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #5 of 58
Fall would be cool. Hope we get to hear some dacs this time around
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm thinking about ordering the demo for an ackdack and Peter's benchmark will be there right? I may think about lugging my crappy looking speakers to the meet if the two dacs are there so I can get a good listen
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 58
If I host, I think speakers would not be a good idea (don't know if HOA will allow it, too noinsy, etc.), as I don't think they will allow it, besides, not everyone will be using canal phones.

Besides, this is to be a Head-fi meet, right?

Although Dean's speaker setup was insane.

-Ed

Aug 23, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 58
Damn HOAs! Well, just a thought. I don't listen at a very loud volume, but anyway. I guess no one is interested in speakers at a head-fi meet.

Are you talking about Dean's Ureis? I never did get a chance to hear them every time we were over at his place.

I'm falling out with headphones. Too many personal comfort issues. For me, it's akg k1000 or bust, and it'll be a while before I will get around to buying that setup. I just can't take stuff touching my ears and surrounding areas for long periods of time.

Aug 23, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #8 of 58
Just curious---

how big of a room or house would you guys need to host it?

I *could* get my parents to host it at my place. Also---does it necessarily have to be in the LA area? I live in southern part of orange county myself but I guess that'd be too far for some people?

Aug 23, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 58
Well, it's still SoCal, right? SoCal includes San Diego too.
wink.gif

Of course the majority of SoCal Head-fiers happen to be in the LA Area.

Host size? Depends on how many people will be attending.

Keep in mind that you need a lot of chairs and table space too.

-Ed

Aug 23, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Hope you guys had fun. Having pulled an allnighter to finish a project really sucked.

Well, at least I have enough spare cash to buy a DAC1 if I like how it sounds.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm hoping for a fall meet. If all goes well with getting the condo, I may be able to rent out the clubhouse to host a meet.

-Ed

Uhhhhh, yeah.... we had fun...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Peter and I went to Guitar Center and got myself some M-Audio BX8 studio monitors and a pair of E5's. We were there till midnight playing with everything... The BX8's really stole the show though...
biggrin.gif

BTW DAC1 + 650 = SYNERGY!

Aug 23, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang
Just curious---

how big of a room or house would you guys need to host it?

I *could* get my parents to host it at my place. Also---does it necessarily have to be in the LA area? I live in southern part of orange county myself but I guess that'd be too far for some people?

I guess it would depend on how many of us show up...
biggrin.gif
At the big SoCal meet we had >30 people show up, but then again, yesterday we had a super micro meet with just 2 of us...

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 58
Really? I can't stand the BX8! You should really give Dean's NHTs a listen next time. The BX8 can't hold a candle. At the time I was auditioning all the studio monitors at my local GC, I threw out the m-audio line right away. The only 8" I really liked at the store at the time was the mackie 824. Nevertheless, if it gave you a taste of what good speakers are like...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I like to think my speakers are pretty good too, but maybe not so much for rock
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back