SoCal meet? Anyone interested?
Dec 11, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #46 of 133
So if I come, should I bring my Omegas (I'm hoping my Blue Hawaii SE is here by then) or my B-52 with numerous balanced dynamics (more cans = more options)? I'm only bringing one amp... I'm scared enough that I'll end up dropping something!

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #47 of 133
this looks like it should be a decent turnout. i'm already itching for another meet. just have to wait for the next east coast event.

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #48 of 133
are we even sure there's a meet to go to yet?

Dec 12, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #50 of 133
host it and people will come...
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #53 of 133
I'd love to go. Just a matter of when.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #54 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we have it at Westlake again 909?

most likely yes, but i can't think about hosting until after March and the studio isn't a possibility until August.

Dec 16, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #57 of 133
I'm up for it, but it doesnt sound like its going to be soon enough. Guess I can always attend one in phoenix or something.

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #58 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm up for it, but it doesnt sound like its going to be soon enough. Guess I can always attend one in phoenix or something.

You might want to consider the Feb 2 "Mayberry on Acid" meet that Voltron is hosting. It's further for you to go but may be doable for you. It would be worth it to see some of the exotic gear that will be there.

Of course, you could always host one yourself in Tucson. As 909 said, "host it and they will come". Depending on my employment status and timing, I'd come. I'll be in Tucson sometime in January and would be willing to come back for a meet.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #60 of 133
I've been reading the forums for a long while, mainly "lurking." I personally don't have much gear, but my buddie has a bunch of goodies coming by way of UPS that should be hear soon that he's been dying to try out. I remember seeing a post a looong tmie ago, about someone on here that suggested using the dorms at UC Irvine and I think the costs would be free. There are many isolated studying rooms and a few rooms where they have pianos for people to practice, which have sound proofing, which would be good for isolated and quiet listening.

I'm a student at UC Riverside and could probably obtain a large conference room with projector for use, if anyone is interested. I'm pretty sure I could reserve the rooms for free. If not, I could probably reserve a large amount of study rooms in the dorms for use. School starts again for me Jan 3-4. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back