SoCal meet? Anyone interested?
Dec 3, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #31 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your speakers. Finally..

Oh, yeah, I'd love to hear my HE60 via darTZeel
smily_headphones1.gif

What did you do with your digital front end. Did you give up on the EMM Labs? If so, we are going to need a digital source for your gear..

I sold off the EMM Labs DCC2 and CDSD a while back, long story, but decided that EMM, while good, just wasn't moving me (SE editions included) I had contemplated going back to the Dodson DA218, but I have no desire to go back spinning discs. USB computer audio or Slim Devices are the only options I'd consider at this moment.

Right now I have a bone-stock SB3,
eek.gif
, yes, it's barely passing, but will have to make due until I figure out to either go full-out Bolder Modded SB3 or wait for the APL Dac1 and hope Alex can modify a squeezebox or transporter to add his proprietary digital interface.

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #33 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any consideration about where the meet would take place? What would be convenient to others? I live in the South Bay and work on the Westside; where is everyone else?

San Pedro, right near Rancho PV here.

-Ed

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #34 of 133
I might be able to come in later January. My EMM Labs SE stack is coming on wed. and my SDS-XLR maybe soon (it's been promised forever, you know the story). He has my balanced R10s and L3000 too.

Can't imagine how I would move these beasts, but, let's see.

andy

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #35 of 133
I'd be up for a So Cal meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #36 of 133
i live in LA, but am willing to drive if you guys set up the place. i'm just new here, and this will be my first meet. all i can bring is my hornet, green solo and hd650.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #38 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, obviously the interest is there. Anyone willing to host?

well, that is the question. Who's willing?
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #40 of 133
I'm certainly interested, as I haven't been to one either. My only worry is transit damage... I've got three floors worth of steps on which I could fumble and drop my B-52. Do people pack up their whole systems for these things, or just bring a few pieces?

Sorry, can't host, my place is so embarrassingly ghetto that I'd be ashamed to have respectible Head-Fi'ers over.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #41 of 133
do these meets just work in that you bring your equipment, and let other people try it out?

this sounds like a lot of fun, but i'm afraid that i wouldn't have much to bring to the table.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #42 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by sklarge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do these meets just work in that you bring your equipment, and let other people try it out?

this sounds like a lot of fun, but i'm afraid that i wouldn't have much to bring to the table.

Yeah, people show up with gear and everyone shares and listens.

Don't worry about bringing gear. Just show up, meet everyone and listen. Judging by the people in this thread, there will be plenty of gear. Hey, you should bring some music. If you have some obscure bands or music you wish more people knew about, bring that.

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #43 of 133
Depending upon the date I'll try and make it. I would love to see the gang again!

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #44 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, people show up with gear and everyone shares and listens.

Don't worry about bringing gear. Just show up, meet everyone and listen. Judging by the people in this thread, there will be plenty of gear. Hey, you should bring some music. If you have some obscure bands or music you wish more people knew about, bring that.

Should I bring the music in like CD's or a hard drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back