So who's staring in AWE of Headphile DEAL 5?
Apr 9, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #16 of 32
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that those look ugly to me. No question of the craftsmanship, but to my eyes they're too big, and the old school headband is too skinny.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that those look ugly to me. No question of the craftsmanship, but to my eyes they're too big, and the old school headband is too skinny.

Looks more elegant and refined than any Grado on the market. Standard Grado look is ugly...

Anyways, anyone beg the question - how do wooden cups of the shape affect the sound of the headphone?

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 32
Wow. I'm normally not really interested in grados. Every now and then I think hmm...I should get around to hearing one of the higher up ones. But these look gorgeous.

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I'm normally not really interested in grados. Every now and then I think hmm...I should get around to hearing one of the higher up ones. But these look gorgeous.

I feel exactly the same way..I came back to the thread just to oggle.

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 32
Indeed, the mesh looks like a microphone head. But I kinda like that by itself...

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #27 of 32
It's gorgeous IMHO.

Unless you own a balanced DAC/amp, these probably won't make sense at the price. These cans will likely go to someone who has the right setup and can truly enjoy them.

This is a very lucky person, no doubt.

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #29 of 32
I'll pass
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back