So who would you put on the halftime show? Destroyed my memory of a legend.
Feb 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #63 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CCR

In a perfect world CCR would be ideal. All of the important members are still with us. Problem is, they aren't with each other. There was a recent court case involving a non-Fogerty version of the band, and things got pretty acrimonious, from what I heard. Not to mention the fact that they haven't worked together in decades.

But I think Fogerty would be a great choice. I saw him for the first time this past Summer. He sounded great, he looked great (my date's jaw nearly hit the floor when I told her his age) and he was fronting a monster band of roots rockers.

I'm afraid that the response from most people, unfortunately, would be "Who?" The band name is still well-known, and of course so are the songs. Problem is, I don't think the name John Fogerty rings a bell with most people not specifically interested in classic rock. Which is a shame.

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #64 of 68
I would suggest that "The Eagles" could perform on that stage quite well. My Grandson is going to Florida in May with his High School Marching Band and they are going to be on some movie by Disney. They are called, "The mean green marching band from Loboe Land. I kind of agree with the Marching Band idea for halftime shows. Could you imagine being a high school kid and your band being chosen to perform at a halftime show at the Super Bowl. They could have a competition during the year for the kids and one school could be chosen as the #1 High School Marching Band in America. That would cap off all the hard work these kids do to learn how to play their music and learn how to do marching routines. This will never happen but it would be something we could all look forward too. Maybe they could do it with College bands.

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by XaNE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think radiohead or muse would be great.
o2smile.gif

x2

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #66 of 68
I was bummed out that I missed the Superbowl and especially The Who, but now I'm actually glad that I missed it. I saw them in Florida last year and had a good time at the show. I thought Roger's voice had held up quite nicely and Pete's playing as well as singing was still quite good as far as I could tell. So perhaps the Superbowl thing just exposes them that much more than does a "regular" show on a tour where much tweaking can be done by the sound and light guys to create diversions from whatever resemblance they still have to their former selves. But as I mentioned, I didn't see the Superbowl show so I can't make any direct comparisons.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #67 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would suggest that "The Eagles" could perform on that stage quite well.

Not my favorite band, but I can't argue with the choice. They are hugely popular and quintessentially American.

It always amazes me when they crank up the tour machine every so often and proceed to sell out every venue, seemingly without effort.

Edit: Wow. I just had a great idea! How about Taylor Swift with a guest interrup...I mean guest rap by Kanye? Come to think of it, maybe it's not such a bad idea. Maybe they could do one song each and then one together.

Think of how many demographics that could cover:

Country/pop-rock
Hip-hop/R&B
Top 40

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #68 of 68
How about Pink Floyd or Queen. Seems like they do really currant or really old artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back