So which of the HPs that you owned do you hate the most?
Nov 14, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #76 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GRADO! Cheap materials, bad built, average sound quality, unnatural bass and uncomfortable. I have had/tried the sr80, 325's, RS1, GS1000 and all of them were disappointing! it might be that the ps1 is good but still I wouldnt get Grado's! to many bad ones in the lineup...

No soup for you, Mr Crankypants !

;d just like to add that I thinks most Senns are overpriced lumps of marketing excrement, but I hope no one will take that personally. Its just a brand, right ?

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #77 of 98
Quote:

I guess if the playlist on your Hello Kitty iPod is Britney interspersed with Mantovani, then hairy-chested, real man cans like the 325 are going to come as something of a shock. Lie down, and I'll ask your mum to make some chicken soup.

wiping rogain on your chest every morning don't make you a man. It just gives the illusion. Just like the spiked treble in the sr325 gives the illusion of having more detail...
popcorn.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #78 of 98
rd, given the year I've had, I'll take any placebo/illusion/snake oil I can get ! Lets just say that the highlight of my weekend will be battling a line to see a movie about the end of the world, and next month I jet off to Singapore with a woman who has a chronic shopping addiction. Who takes a gambling addict to Vegas ? Sometimes I pray for the lobotomy that would render the treble on the 325 inert, because it would also counter Satan's little helper. Fortunately, God invented beer.

Nov 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #80 of 98
K701,feels like someone spilled bleach on the drivers.
in their attempt to sound like the most neutral and uncolored headphones ever built,they became the most unnatural sounding headphones ever built.

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #81 of 98
I wonder why so many of you have owned headphones you hate?
Did it possibly go from a love to a hate relationship during time, or did you buy blind and when receiving magically find out you hate it?

I dislike (not hate) quite a lot of headphones, but that alone is a reason not to buy them. Hence not counting in this discussion...

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #82 of 98
JBL Reference 420. They have only one good thing - leather pads! Cheap AKG K24 sounded muuuuch better. I paid 44$ for them, but in Ukraine their price is 150$... & somebody buys it... Ouch! Would never look on JBL phones!

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #84 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
;d just like to add that I thinks most Senns are overpriced lumps of marketing excrement, but I hope no one will take that personally. Its just a brand, right ?

Youre not alone with this statement, however imo GRADO's are way more overpriced lumps....
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #85 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why so many of you have owned headphones you hate?
Did it possibly go from a love to a hate relationship during time, or did you buy blind and when receiving magically find out you hate it?

I dislike (not hate) quite a lot of headphones, but that alone is a reason not to buy them. Hence not counting in this discussion...

DT990 was my first full sized headphone I bought after researching here. It helped that it was cheaper then the other flagships at the time, and I did buy used. It was not magical to find out I disliked them from the moment I got them until selling them a few months later or so. I didn't hate them, just disliked. It would be a while before I made it out to meets and listened to a multitude of other headphones.

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #86 of 98
SR325i's. It wasn't the sound that bothered me. It was the weight of the headphones they just hung too heavy on my ears and made them sore.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #88 of 98
Ultrasone Zino. Got them from a forumite for shipping, I thought they were barely worth that. Just a very weird artificial sound, offered nothing over my ksc75s or pk3s. I can't believe they get $80-90+ for those new, wow.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #89 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultrasone Zino. Got them from a forumite for shipping, I thought they were barely worth that. Just a very weird artificial sound, offered nothing over my ksc75s or pk3s. I can't believe they get $80-90+ for those new, wow.

Sounds like any other Ultrasone phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back