So which of the HPs that you owned do you hate the most?
Mar 16, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #92 of 98
Everyone here posts reviews and comments about the stuff that they own. It will be interesting to find out something dramatically negative about a pair of HPs which turns owners off completely, for a change. I got nothing, so far, because this is my first pair of "good" cans.

EDIT: I am also building up a list of popular cans and their shortcoming in this thread. Suggestions are welcome. I hope this helps people, but by no means is it an objective representation of the overall quality of the headphones involved in it. It is a list of personal observations and nothing is better than your own "ears-on" experience. Headphones are a very subjective choice because of both physiological and psychological reasons and this list is just gonna expand your understanding of a device.
Skullcandy Crusher. Only good thing is the haptic bass. And only when turned up a quarter or fifth of the way. Otherwise, too clampy, too muddy, mids and highs are well junk. The battery tho has lasted almost 82 hours for me at mid volume with small amount of haptic bass.

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #93 of 98
I feel most headphones with haptic bass are geared toward gaming and movies. As soon as you start to listen to music that's when you'll realize its kinda junk.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #94 of 98
Z1R. I returned it in less than a week. A few weeks later, Tyll confirmed exactly what I was hearing, so I wasn’t the only one that really disliked these headphones.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #95 of 98
Hi there
I hate phillips fidelio s2 iem cause it has so shouty treble and has no noise isolation. It was my first over cheap price iem so I made some mistakes while choosing them due to lack of experience

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #96 of 98
I have a love/hate relationship with my DT880 Edition 600. I really really like the looks, the comfort & the sound but it's hard as f to drive properly and I don't really want to buy a "special" amp just for them. I will never sell them, ever, but at the same time I hate them for being amp picky

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #97 of 98
And as for full sized (over ear) ones is the cheapest sennheiser model with grey oval closed pads. It has so little noise isolation and terrible sound comparing to cheap iems which I used to that moment (late 2000-s) that I decided that full dynamic driver doesn’t sound better and couldn’t isolate better than iems. So I hadn’t been trying over ears phones for several years before I discovered that they are worth lestening

Mar 17, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #98 of 98
I feel most headphones with haptic bass are geared toward gaming and movies. As soon as you start to listen to music that's when you'll realize its kinda junk.
I completely agree. Using the crushers with any genre of music outside of non vocal edm they are trash. Even for rap, because the vocals are very quiet and muddied on the crushers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back