So where do you "put" your portable rig? Pocket? Hand? Gearpurse? Shoe?
Jan 25, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #16 of 59
normally in my pocket - work pants can fit the rig

otherwise using the bag i bought off kpeezy. got like a ipod slot and then a strap for my tomahawk its awesome - somewhere in the latest portable rig page, cant find it!

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #17 of 59
Don't have a portable amp "yet", so that part is not a big issue. My ZVMs have bestskinsever on them, so I don't worry about putting them in any of my pockets, usually pants. I have a tech-nohm leather case for my Karma that clips onto my belt then I usually hide it under a shirt or jacket. Simple, but's worked well enough so far...until maybe an Ultra Caffeine.

Jan 25, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #18 of 59
Inside jacket pocket of my leather jacket. Dunno where I'll put my ZVW when it gets to hot to wear said jacket
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #19 of 59
I manage to protect my Koss KSC75 with an empty gum casing. Did the same with a hard candy case for Crossroads X3. The Atrio M8 have their own casing. For the Cowon D2 I found a case for digital card in the camera section and it protects it plenty. Also it velcros around the belt to better transport and use of the player.

Very happy with the casing for the KSC75!

Better be happy than sorry!?( or something...)

regards,

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #20 of 59
At the moment i'm using a pocket size set up no thats where it stays
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a Cowon Q5W though and when i have a case i will be popping it into my backpack, which pretty much comes with me everywhere anyway. I'll also have plenty of room for my amp (when it arrives) and a DAC when i can find one suitable!

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #23 of 59
Always in my front pocket (no keys or change please!!), but my Sony HD5 sits safely in a foofpod bag/case. Check them out...pretty cool, but mostly designed for iPods.

My first post!!! /sniff

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #24 of 59
Oooh, I follow a very regimental schedule when it comes to these types of things. Rig: front right pants pocket. Cell phone: front left. Wallet and keys: back right. Anything else back left.
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh, I follow a very regimental schedule when it comes to these types of things. Rig: front right pants pocket. Cell phone: front left. Wallet and keys: back right. Anything else back left.
tongue.gif

Law and order in the pants
biggrin.gif
I try to be like that as well. I just have a question for all the case wearing types here. Isnt it a nuissance that you cannot immediately access the controls on the player and amp because its in a case? Every now and then you have to adjust volume or skip/find a song right?

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just have a question for all the case wearing types here. Isnt it a nuissance that you cannot immediately access the controls on the player and amp because its in a case? Every now and then you have to adjust volume or skip/find a song right?

Not if you select a good SQ source with a remote control (I use Sony NW-HD5s and iRiver Hxxx.
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 59
I'll admit I often think about the joys of going ampless. I've been thinking about the ipod nano and classic. Some of these pics are with my 4g ipod, but it doesn't much matter for these purposes.

img_0702.png

img_0704.png

img_0934.png

img_0936.png

img_0750.png

img_0758.png

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #29 of 59
Mine inside of Sony pouch to the pocket of my timberland/eddie bauer jacket.

During summer inside of my Airwalk bag.

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #30 of 59
in my lacoste small pouch . which fits perfectly my ipod classic 80gb and pav2 amp and shure e4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back