So where do you "put" your portable rig? Pocket? Hand? Gearpurse? Shoe?
Jan 24, 2008 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

vYu223

500+ Head-Fier
So when you're out and about, listening to your portable rig, where do you put your dap+amp combo (or other)? I find that the iPod+cmoy combo is too think for my pants pockets, so I find that I'll either hold it in my hand or put it into one of my jacket/coat pockets.

Jan 24, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 59
My portable portable rig (Clip -> SE530) goes in my change-pocket and directly to my ears. Once I've assembled the funds for a less portable rig (32GB Touch [I will not buy one otherwise <_<] -> Supermini IV -> SE530), I'll keep it in a regular pocket. It'll still only be about an inch thick :p.

Jan 24, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 59
In situations where I have to listen to music all day, I leave my DAP in my right-inner jacket pocket, have a long interconnect around my back to connect to a portable amp in my left-inner jacket pocket, and plug my headphones from there.

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #6 of 59
neck lariat & t-shirt pocket

Jan 24, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 59
Don't have much of a problem with shuffles and im716. The 1st gen form factor and control placement are 2nd to none for pocket use. I'm having a hard time finding a larger dap with the same control scheme for playback/volume. Even if i hook up my amp (supermini) it all fits easily in a jacket pocket.

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #8 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I normally just put it in my backpack, I usually have it with me even when I'm not at school. It's nice to have a big "purse" on my back. =P

Might try something like HeadRoom Mini Bag @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

I've also got the backpack option but never feel comfortable using it - I like my equipment on me, not a seperate bag used for other purposes - but that's just me
rolleyes.gif

Like the Mini Bag, I use a Total Bithead Bag to house my transportable iRiver H140 + RSA Sr-71 - can be hung by a shoulder strap across my body.

Ultraportable of Sony NW-HD5 and Mini3 (I couldn't settle on another amp with a lower form factor unless I was prepared to wait 1 year or so for a Xin
eek.gif
) bundled in an old Canon Ixus case, which is designed for a regular pocket
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In situations where I have to listen to music all day, I leave my DAP in my right-inner jacket pocket, have a long interconnect around my back to connect to a portable amp in my left-inner jacket pocket, and plug my headphones from there.

I love reading about innovative solutions like this. Well Done.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 59
Inside pocket of my suit jacket

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 59
Inside my pants pockets there is enough room for a naked Zune 80.

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #13 of 59
depends where I am or what I am doing, but usually in my jeans pocket or my coat pocket

Jan 24, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #14 of 59
Jeans pocket for me.
Plenty of space for an 1G iPod nano...

Jan 25, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #15 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely cool idea.. I'm going to try to find a setup like that with one of my coats
wink.gif
I usually have it in my backpack or a coat pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back