So where do you "put" your portable rig? Pocket? Hand? Gearpurse? Shoe?
Feb 13, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #31 of 59
Depending on how tight the jeans I wear that day are, front left pocket. If I'm not listening then it goes in my bookbag.

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #32 of 59
I have the iBasso d1 in my belt and the iRiver iHP-120 in the pocket. The optical cable goes from the left to the right pocket where my iRiver is. I haven’t shortened the cable from the 650’s (YES I use 650's for portable) so I use the other pocket for the cable. People always ask me what I have in my pockets......
attachment.php

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #33 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iBasso d1 in my belt and the iRiver iHP-120 in the pocket. The optical cable goes from the left to the right pocket where my iRiver is. I haven’t shortened the cable from the 650’s (YES I use 650's for portable) so I use the other pocket for the cable. People always ask me what I have in my pockets......
attachment.php

Wow. 650's for portable use? I guess for you, compromise in sound quality is not an option.
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #35 of 59
lol, that's pretty impressive. These days my sansa clip is making me smile. So small, it clips on my wristwatch, belt, collar, front shirt pocket...anywhere and with my ER4P, I am really set. Can't wait till the 4GB version comes out.

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, that's pretty impressive. These days my sansa clip is making me smile. So small, it clips on my wristwatch, belt, collar, front shirt pocket...anywhere and with my ER4P, I am really set. Can't wait till the 4GB version comes out.

Ditto...heh...

I too have the clip, excellent sq and size ... it's fun to find new places to clip it too
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #38 of 59
my imod 80gb/cable/xin reference is too big to fit into any of my pockets. so if i really need to listen to music, i'll just connect my UE-10 directly to my ipod. it's just too much of a hassle to be walking around with my rig...

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #39 of 59
Hey Musicboy youre a music boy indeed!

Nice gears.

Feb 14, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #41 of 59
Quote:

That's pretty hardcore. How do you like the iriver firmware? I used it for a bit, switched to rockbox and then went back to do a format and it seemed so much slower than rockbox.

Feb 15, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #42 of 59
Quote:

attachment.php

Man, thats barely portable now isnt it? I hope I can find a better way. Thanks for posting your pic so I know even better what I dont want
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #43 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In situations where I have to listen to music all day, I leave my DAP in my right-inner jacket pocket, have a long interconnect around my back to connect to a portable amp in my left-inner jacket pocket, and plug my headphones from there.

That's neat! I just carry my player around in my pocket though. I don't use my AMP. The E500's have a very long cord though and lugging it around when you're not listening is a pain. The shorter cord was way too short. Do you always keep the E500's etc. in their case when not using or just hand 'em around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back